Help! Albino Oscar White Spot On Fin

core2zero

Sorry for the blurry picture. I had a hard time taking pictures of my fish. Anyway, I have an albino oscar. As you can see he has a white spot on his right fin. I've been medicating him for a month now plus I've been keeping my temperatures high enough. Now I''ve been wondering, is it really a white spot disease? Because I had fishes with white spot disease and I've cured them for about 3-4 days ONLY. On the top of that it is only a single spot!! And if it is really a white spot disease and my medication is not working, why is it not muliplying? Thankyou in advance for those who can help me. I really want him back in my main aquarium.

image.jpg

Aquarist

Hello and Welcome to Fish Lore.

Sometimes a spot is just a spot and nothing more and I think this is what you are dealing with. If the fish had ICH, the fish would appear to have been sprinkled with salt, all over the fishes body.

Too, if it were fungus, it would have also spread more than likely. IMO, I think your fish would be fine with a large water change and leave it at that, to help remove any meds that may be left over and too, nothing beats fresh water for your fish with chlorine and chloramines removed. Your tank, your call.

I've had fish in the past that would get a spot on a fin here and there, I never treated for anything and the fish is fine today. I've even had a spot to last for several years and it finally just went away.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

core2zero

I see. Thank you so much for your fast response sir! I will bring him back to my main tank now then!

Aquarist

Keep us posted, but I really feel like the fish will be fine. (although nothing is ever guaranteed in this hobby)

Remember, we are trying to mimic a natural environment and the fewer medicines and chemicals we subject our fish and critters to, the better off our tank and fish are going to be.

Ken

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fish 321
Replies
Views
Jett_Metzger
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies