Help! Accidentally Ordered Too Many Fish In Nano Tank!

Discussion in 'Advanced Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Brandon Lopez, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Brandon Lopez New Member Member

I have a 5.5 gallon planted tank in which I have 4 white clouds which are doing just fine, & I accidentally ordered 6 new white clouds online. I thought I was just browsing but was surprised when I suddenly had to deal with 6 new white clouds at my doorstep. Should I set up a new tank??

2. Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

Yes you will have to!!! I am not exactly sure on there minimum tank size but I think it might be 20 gallon!!

3. 20gallonKevin New Member Member

A 10 gallon tank kit is only roughly 80 bucks online so if you're okay with spending a little bit, You could add a second aquarium to your house.

4. WTFish? Well Known Member Member

Lol, that’s how I’ll explain my next order to my husband. “Honey, I was browsing, it was an accident!”

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Yep.that's the MTS-trick Brandon.

6. Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

MTS is such a sneaky rodent :facepalm:

7. -Mak- Fishlore VIP Member

Temporarily they'll be okay but a 10 or 20 gallon long would be nice. Watch for dollar per gallon sales, for a regular tank you shouldn't be paying much.

8. Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Glass tanks are cheap at PetCo.
    10 gallons are roughly $15.00 or so, kits are more, but I recommend separate purchases over kits.

9. CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Online it says they need at least 8 in a 15 gallon. Oh please their cycleing fish usually, I was sold 5 of them for my 20 gallon and their fine. If you have to a 10 gallon would work fine for them. ( Im planning to move my 4 minnows to a 5gallon too)

10. Heather L Valued Member Member

[ ] I think a 125 gallon might accidentally end up in my cart.
    You’ll need a bigger tank, and if you get a much bigger tank you’ll have a lot more fun.