Help!!!!!1 month old fry. Platy or swordtail???

JMI6

I need help. I previously posted about my fry when they were only a week old and most determined they were swordtail fry because she was indeed pregnant. But at the time i also had a female bumble bee platy who i recently purchased and unsure if she was pregnant. Now that they are starting to get colors i noticed 2 with black heads. Below i pictured my 2 adult females and best pictures i can get of my fry. Can someone helo determine the type?

Attachments

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Definitely seeing platy body shape on a lot of those fry. None of our other fry made it a month to remember what they looked like at that age(hungry barbs).

OP
J

JMI6

So strange because i was able to save 6. Also had a female guppy. So got 1 guppy fry, possibly 4 platy fry, and 1 swordtail all born on same day 7-2. Then on 7-30 exactly 28 days later i have found a bunch of fry once again swordtail was only one that changed shape and still to early to tell colors or anything

emeraldking

Well Known
Picture #2 seems an orange female with a short body like amaculatus platy but the head says swordtail. She might be a cross between swordtail and platy in this case. Picture #3 shows a dark stretched bodyshape like a swordtail. PIcture #4 is hard to tell from that angle to see wether it's a platy ot swordtail. All the rest look like platies.

OP
J

JMI6

emeraldking said:
Picture #2 seems an orange female with a short body like amaculatus platy but the head says swordtail. She might be a cross between swordtail and platy in this case. Picture #3 shows a dark stretched bodyshape like a swordtail. PIcture #4 is hard to tell from that angle to see wether it's a platy ot swordtail. All the rest look like platies.
Are these pictures any better?? The 5th one i couldnt get a good angel/photo again but caught a glimpse of it in a few others. Thanks for the input my son is all curious.

Attachments

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom