Hellooo everyone... (Newbie Pics inside)

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

A newbie here (Called Andy, from the UK - hi!) and thought I'd share some piccies of my new tank - it's approx. 16 Gals (US) / 13 Gals (UK).

I'm using it to house my Mollies and Dwarf Gouramis, and yes - they are indeed all getting along really well!

Anyways, here are the pictures:

The Tank:
8.jpg

9.jpg

...more to come...

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
...continued...

Blue Neon Dwarf Gourami:
10.jpg

11.jpg

My Mollies:
12.jpg

My Golden Molly:
13.jpg

You guys will have to let me know what you think!
Andy

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful! I love the bright colors!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mixing the saltwater decor in the middle and the freshwater decor was a little startling at first but it is very colorful and pretty. Sets your fish of just beautifully.
By the way... WELCOME TO FISHLORE
Carol

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Butterfly said:
Mixing the saltwater decor in the middle and the freshwater decor was a little startling at first but it is very colorful and pretty. Sets your fish of just beautifully.
By the way... WELCOME TO FISHLORE
Carol
thanks!

thou, how you define an accessory as salt or freshwater is obviously beyond me - i was mostly just thinking "ooooh, pretty!"

lol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is very definitly "oooh pretty" The reason I said saltwater is because the decor you have in the middle is suppose to look like Coral and other salt water stuff. We all decorate our tanks how we like them and theres absolutely nothing wrong with adding something that wouldn't ordinarily be there. Just makes it more distinctive
Carol

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Butterfly said:
It is very definitly "oooh pretty" The reason I said saltwater is because the decor you have in the middle is suppose to look like Coral and other salt water stuff. We all decorate our tanks how we like them and theres absolutely nothing wrong with adding something that wouldn't ordinarily be there. Just makes it more distinctive
Carol
oh, right... i was so confused!!! anyways, glad you like it, thanks!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great job on the tank, it really looks good and the fish selection suits it well. Welcome to fishlore.

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
Great job on the tank, it really looks good and the fish selection suits it well.  Welcome to fishlore.
thanks you!

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is very pretty, nice and bright too, love your gourami!

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
bbfeckawitts said:
It is very pretty, nice and bright too, love your gourami!
thanks!

i do indeed like him too!

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
omy gosh i actually love your tank... it looks like you designed to put that coral decoration there..it ties it all together..it gives it like a oriental theme and with the colourful fish .. i donno but i absolutely love how you set it up..it looks natural still but just gorgeous..not too natural that it looks boring...you should get a colourful background..no dont then ill just be  inlove with it more..it really is nice

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice bright colors! ;D

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
lolagurl said:
omy gosh i actually love your tank... it looks like you designed to put that coral decoration there..it ties it all together..it gives it like a oriental theme and with the colourful fish  .. i donno but i absolutely love how you set it up..it looks natural still but just gorgeous..not too natural that it looks boring...you should get a colourful background..no dont then ill just be  inlove with it more..it really is nice

awww! thank you... glad you like it... i'm currently saving up to buy myself this awesome new tank i saw in the pet store the other day, tis about twice the size of this one... then of course i just need to figure out where i can move them both to!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I'd love to get a hand on a white (silver?) molly. We just don't find them here in the netherlands. Why did I ever leave the UK?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
armadillo said:
I'd love to get a hand on a white (silver?) molly. We just don't find them here in the netherlands. Why did I ever leave the UK?
The white mollys are beautys. They usually have them at the pet stores here.. i wonder why you haven't found them there. is there a store that would order some for you when you get the bigger tank?

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I'll take my sweet time before getting more stock I think. I'll need to wait and see what happens to my fry. If they all survive, am in biiiig trouble. (only 11 of them as well. Think when they start hatching really big batches.)

I've been round our fish stores trying to find a decent one on more than one count (not just one with a good choice of aquariums, or just knowing about plecos, etc.) and I always look at the mollies there. Never saw a white one. Could be rarer in Europe?

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
armadillo said:
she is very nice, although, in retrospect - i'm actually not sure i would get any mollies again!

i love them, but having kept them with other fish, i am now of the opinion that they probably do need a species specific tank - silver mollies do seem quite agressive, the other mollies aren't agressive - they're just too damned greedy to mix well with the other fish, who barely get a look in at feeding time...

i'm actually now investing in a 3rd much larger tank, so i can move the rest of the fish into that, and keep the mollies on their own in the 16 gallon one!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
That's really cool. Then you can nip in a bit of salt and increase the temp to make it perfect for them. They are greedy!

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Great colors ! ;D
Welcome to FishLore
/`·.¸
/¸...¸`:·
¸.·´ ¸ `·.¸.·´)
: © ):´; ¸ {
`·.¸ `· ¸.·´\`·¸)
`\\´´\¸.·´

Andy