HelloFrom Fort Lauderdale! Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm Edgard and happy to be here to learn about my new hobby...actually years ago I used to have a 29 gallon aquarium but did not know how to take care of it ..So last week I just bought a 10 gallon aquarium to start all over again but I want to learn how to do it the right way!
I guess I will need a lot of help. ..I will appreciate ..thanks and let's enjoy image

Still Not fish in !

Last edited by a moderator:

Cef

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome! What happened to the 29? I made a mistake and started small too, 15g for me. I realize now that starting big is easier, much more acceptable to mistakes made by beginners.

OP
edgardcafe

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. congrats on the new tank, looks good. Please read the Nitrogen Cycle first before you get and fish unless you already know about it. Alison
I will read the nitrogen cycle first ..thanks to let me know! I have" 0 " knowledge..Lol

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Welcome! Seconding everyone's suggestion on reading up on the nitrogen cycle for sure. If there's any advice I can give, it's take your time! I have rushed cycling a tank more times than I care to admit and I end up just creating more work for myself in the long run.

OP
edgardcafe

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome! What happened to the 29? I made a mistake and started small too, 15g for me. I realize now that starting big is easier, much more acceptable to mistakes made by beginners.
I sold my 29 gallon long time ago. My mistake to get a 10 gallon to start I didn't know 20 gallon will be better and easier...I thought small will be easier! Also I want to get gold fish I hope it will be OK with 10 gallon.

Cef

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I won't do a goldfish in a 10, they are just too messy and the tank is too small for them. There is a stocking advice for 10 somewhere here in the forum. Let more experienced members help you though! Yep I thought the smaller tanks get the easier it is, nope it is opposite here, the bigger the easier.

shaelis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I sold my 29 gallon long time ago. My mistake to get a 10 gallon to start I didn't know 20 gallon will be better and easier...I thought small will be easier! Also I want to get gold fish I hope it will be OK with 10 gallon.
No goldfish! Goldfish need much more space. Almost all varieties need more. I would honestly recommend a male betta fish, they have amazing personalities and are so colorful. If you get a bigger one they will fill up the tank.

OP
edgardcafe

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. congrats on the new tank, looks good. Please read the Nitrogen Cycle first before you get and fish unless you already know about it. Alison
Where is the nitrogen cycle posted ? I search for it but not find it. Sorry about the dumb question !

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could get two bettas in a divided 10g, you could get shrimp/snails with them as well. I love bettas, but be forewarned, shrimp/snails don't always work with bettas, it's a 50/50 chance. My betta, Keshet, got shamed today for killing a shrimp... Shrimp where fine then an hour later, one's dead... He was trying to sneak up on them, he got an earful from me. Hehe. I'll be trying snails soon.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So this isn't a gold fish, but it's a gold shrimp... Hehe, but with whatever you get(some species wouldn't work with shrimp) you could get some orange shrimp. But gold shrimp isn't the actual name of the shrimp just to clarify.

OP
edgardcafe

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well ..let me share what I did on my aquarium last friday.
I setup everything.. got some decoration as show in the photo and I added 5ml of AquaSafe and 10ml of Stressful Zyme+ and that's it. Also I just tested the pH today and it is 7.6 more or less.
I think I have to buy a API master test kit to check the nitrate, nitrite and ammonia..and see if it is ready to buy some fish.
I don't know if my aquarium have some ammonia cause there is not fish.. I just read and watched on youtube about nitrogen cycle and now I understand little more about it.

imageimage

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom