30 Gallon Tank Hello

Jdefra

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to fishkeeping, about 4 months in. I've learned a lot already from reading through everyone's experiences and advice. There's so much knowledge here! Fishkeeping has become something I do with my two young boys and we just love it, our fish seem happy too. We let our tank cycle and get established for a month before we introduced our 3 guppies and 1 pleco. We have had live plants from the beginning and sometimes notice little tiny snails or tiny white jumping bug-like creatures in the gravel. I think my fish might be eating the little white bug-like things, I'm hoping that's ok? I don't know what they are and just started noticing them. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Mahis

Those may be worms. I had them twice and to stop them just feed your fish a bit less food. Also do a water change a little more frequently.

colorfulfishfan

They might be scuds, which is a gross-sounding name, but they’re an important part of ecosystems! It’s a small crustacean, like a shrimp or lobster. I have volunteer scuds, too, and my fish eat them. Some people breed and buy scuds.

86 ssinit

Could also be copepods. Nothing to worry about. Many add some corys to the tank. With 30g you can add some more fish. What type of pleco? Pics of tank and fish are expected!! :).

Jdefra

Could also be copepods. Nothing to worry about. Many add some corys to the tank. With 30g you can add some more fish. What type of pleco? Pics of tank and fish are expected!! :).

Thanks! The more I look into it the more I think it could be these copepods, the fish definitely are eating them up lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20210531_153152852~2.jpg
    PXL_20210531_153152852~2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 13

GuppyOverlord11

Welcome!

Jdefra

Tried to get all our fish in this one

Attachments

• PXL_20210531_152504408.jpg
    PXL_20210531_152504408.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 16

86 ssinit

Lol first pic that pleco looked big. Not so much in the second :).

GuppyOverlord11

Nice fish choice. I apporve.

Natalie666

What kind of pleco is that? He/she is quite pretty

HupGuppHup

Welcome! Are you going to let the guppies populate your tank? I'm sure they're more than up to the task. ;)

Jdefra

Lol first pic that pleco looked big. Not so much in the second :).
Welcome! Are you going to let the guppies populate your tank? I'm sure they're more than up to the task. ;)
Lol we made sure to get all male guppies
What kind of pleco is that? He/she is quite pretty
Thank you! I love our little pleco ❤️ no idea what kind he is, I guess I thought there was just one kind but clearly I have lots to learn!

86 ssinit

With the white on the tip of the tail it could be a bushy nose. The spots could make it a gold nugget. Did you pay more than $10 for it?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
spookyrancher
Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
Replies
Views
HupGuppHup
Replies
Views