Hello

Lunamoon79

Reaction score
Hello everyone im Christy from Georgia, I’m so excited to run across this sight as I was reading. I’m very impressed by the dyi projects. One of my favorite things to do as well. Can’t wait to see everyone’s idea! I have current gotten several Guppies and two tetras. Guppies is new for me by so far they have just been a joy to watch such friendly fish they are. Any advice or something I should know about them. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again! And I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Dennis57

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Christy and Welcome to Fishlore.
As far as the guppies, are you keeping both Male & Female? How big is the tank?
What about the Tetras, what kind are they?

OP
L

Lunamoon79

Reaction score
Dennis57 said:
Hi Christy and Welcome to Fishlore.
As far as the guppies, are you keeping both Male & Female? How big is the tank?
What about the Tetras, what kind are they?
Yes both male and female and I have in a 15 gallon and the two tetras are the white belly I believe a bit larger than the guppies. but as I noticed over night that I know that tetra are peaceful but the biggest one comes from the bottom and darts at the group almost like a bully in a way? Best way to explain it I think? Thank you for your response I need all the help I can get. I used to keep a lot of Bettas but was ready for something different they seem to match my grandson energy.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lunamoon79 said:
Yes both male and female and I have in a 15 gallon and the two tetras are the white belly I believe a bit larger than the guppies. but as I noticed over night that I know that tetra are peaceful but the biggest one comes from the bottom and darts at the group almost like a bully in a way? Best way to explain it I think? Thank you for your response I need all the help I can get. I used to keep a lot of Bettas but was ready for something different they seem to match my grandson energy.
The tetra aggression may be due to stress of not being in a group, also do you mean white skirt tetras? Those guppies will breed like crazy BTW (but I bet you know that). Good luck and remember your water changes!

OP
L

Lunamoon79

Reaction score
CaptainAquatics said:
The tetra aggression may be due to stress of not being in a group, also do you mean white skirt tetras? Those guppies will breed like crazy BTW (but I bet you know that). Good luck and remember your water changes!
Yes your right about the tetras. I was going for all guppies this time, but that day those tetras was my buy one get one. With the guppies I got 3 species but in pairs. Thank you I will sure get the tetras in a bigger group! That make sense

AdwinTheAquarist

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome! This is a great place to learn about this hobby. I would take the time to fill out your aquarium details, it will help you get the best information and not have to answer the same questions a million times :)
I have guppies and neon tetras, they keep me smiling. You'll want to buy at least 3 more tetras to comfort your current tetras. Hope to see a picture soon.
I do suggest learning about the nitrogen cycle, it will keep your fish happy and keep you enjoying your aquarium.

New Threads