Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by BPmama, Apr 18, 2018.

1. BPmama

BPmama New Member Member

Hi everyone. I have a 29 gallon tank with my Blu who is a dwarf Gourami and all his other tank friends. And I am a new mama to Hagrid who is a very young Parrot Cichlid. Hagrid will soon be in his big kid tank once he is out of quarantine.

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Firstly, welcome to the forumn. I have a question about your parrot cichlid. Are you keeping him in the 29 permanently....Because with the other fish, he might be a little cramped.

3. OP
    OP
    BPmama

BPmama New Member Member

Oh no! Hagrid is getting a 55gal tank that will be read this weekend. Are you familiar with Parrot Cichlids? What tank friends does he need? And what live plants do they prefer? I've heard all kinds of things... One person said only others his kind. Another said only peaceful community fish. I've had an Oscar Cichlid who ate everyone else in my tank and I don't want that to happen again.

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

parrots work well with other parrots and other peaceful fish. As for plants. You might beable to go with some anubis and java fern tied to some rocks or wood. Parrots aren't as bad as others, when it comes to tearing up plants but they still do it sometimes.

5. OP
    OP
    BPmama

BPmama New Member Member

Thank you so much for your help. He's already started moving rocks around the quarantine tank. Hahaha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice