Hello!

1. Jnx Member Member

Was unaware that there was a space for other interests. Is anyone else into orchids?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I don't grow orchids or much of anything else tbh as I wasn't blessed with green fingers, I can kill most plants ;)
    Orchids are beautiful & I'm sure others interested in them would love to see pics if you have some

3. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

I gave two standard Moth Orchids. One just finished it's flower cycle, the other is now blooming. Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

You haven't lived until you kill an air fern or aloe. I've killed both many times, yet I can grow Orchids.

5. Jnx Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here are a couple of my Paphs, and one of my Coelogyne mayerianas. I had a black thumb until about two years ago. We got our studio, and needed plants in the windows, so somehow, I learned. My plant collection is embarrassing. :)
    Orchids are great, once you learn their cycle.

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I almost got a "rescue" Phaelanopsis to bloom in my first apartment. The biggest bud was beginning to show colour! Unfortunately, that year it chose to bucket down rain for 40 days (seriously) and the sewers backed up and my place was flooded. It was the middle of winter and the remediation people bustled in with their super dehydrators and that was the end of my Phaelanopsis:'(

7. Jnx Member Member

I'm sorry you lost your Phalelanopsis! I think plants are underrated, and often people don't see them as something of value.
    Most of my Phals came from what I like to call the Dead Plant Rack. :)

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I went through a Cyclamen phase many years ago. I used to buy every one that ended up on that rack at the grocery store and was able to save most of them:)

9. Jnx Member Member

:) Sounds familiar! I'd have to say two-thirds of my orchids are pity purchases. Unfortunately, they led straight to orchid addiction.

10. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Is that anything like MTS? Is that why I'm always about to buy more Orchids? lol

11. Jnx Member Member

Careful, with my last purchase I just passed 70. And that's just the orchids. :)

12. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Holly cow! Where do you put them all? lol

13. Jnx Member Member

Lol - In my studio, which people often refer to as "the jungle".

14. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Can I live in your studio?:D

15. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Woah! Your studio must be incredible! I'd love to just sit somewhere with that amount of incredible flowers and draw all day oh man get ready because I'm visiting you! I know next to nothing about orchids other than the fact that they are stunning!

The only plants bar veggies I can grow are mimosa, herbs and ferns ^_^

Well, except, the fact that I've used all my herbs in cooking, cleaning, broths and remedies for pretty much everything! The only thing that's survived is my sage, basil, rosemary and thyme. Its embarrassingly basic now

16. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

If I maybe nosey......TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM! lol

17. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I had a nice collection of orchids growing and blooming on my coffee table in the front room. they were all growing beautifully and blooming like no tomorrow. we went out for a few hours and came home to a disaster od bunches or orchid plants , unspotted, chewed up, minus flowers, and dirt from one end of the living room to the other. but we also had one happy cat and one happy dog. So mutch for growing orchids in the house. I have a ground orchid flowering in a pot out side and am orchid sitting a door prize orchard that a friend of our one while he is on vacation, but it is on the front lanai for safe keeping along with Miss Kitty's private catnip plant. Alison:;hi1

18. Jnx Member Member

[​IMG]

Well, here's a terrible photograph of one wall taken on my tablet, I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow. (Maybe after I've cleaned some of the clutter and have moved the vacuum. :) )

I haven't mastered responding to multiple people in one post yet, either. I will try to figure that out!

19. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Click the quote symbol with the plus sign in the bottom left corner of each comment you want to quote, then click "Reply With Quote" on the last one;)

20. Jnx Member Member

Genius! Thank you!