hello

1. kathy0000 Initiate Member

hello, i am new here, i want to say this is my frist time to keep fish, what things should i pay attention to? :;balloons
    Thanks in advance!!!!

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Great to have you with us!

What fish do you keep?

3. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! Hope you find the site as enjoyable and informative as I have over the past year. Lots of good fish-keepers here willing to help you out all you have to do is ask. Advice is free, patience a virtue and having fun while learning mandatory. You will soon learn that your “spell checker” doesn’t know fish and our chemistry class is easy and the only testing is done by you.

I would like to suggest a few things for you to read up on that might help you get the tank safe for your fish and help you in the long run. First off read up on the nitrogen cycle, this will give you the basics on how a tank works and what you need to do to get your tank safe for fish. Secondly you might read a few of the fish profiles before you start buying lots of fish.

4. kathy0000 Initiate Member

black dragon-eye,bronze dragon-eye,Red dragon-eye with velvety balls,variegated butterfly tail dragon-eye and so on.....

some fishs have died.:confused:

5. kathy0000 Initiate Member

Thanks! It is very helpful.

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

welcome to fish lore!

7. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello! :sign0016:

I did not know what kind of fish is a dragon-eye. So I searched online. It is a goldfish! I never knew that.

I hope you find lots of good information here about goldfish.

We are happy to read your posts and to help you!

8. Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Hello and Welcome to Fishlore:;hi2

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to FishLore!

Basses on Donners discovery that these are goldfish, you'll need quite the large tank to keep them happy :) The general rule for Fancy Goldfish (the round-bodied ones), 20-30 gallons for the first fish, and 10-20 for every fish after that. They're messy ;)

Perhaps they've died from poor water quality. Do you know what you ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are? What is you maintenance schedule like? How well do they eat, and how interactive are they? Perhaps this will help us get to bottom of why your fish are dying :)