hello world!

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
hi, been on this site for just a few weeks, 2 weeks into cycling first tank ( have found great,caring fish store, fish owners themselves and passionate about it!)
Had many goldfish in past, sadly my ex got to be the daddy for life!

My first time with tropical fish, have lovely tank of bubbles at the moment!!!! Can't wait to get fish.

Think this site is fab and have already had advice from you. Think it is amazing that here I am in the uk but people across the world care enough to share their knowledge and experience! THANKS!!!!!!

Say hI to me any time guys! love to hear from you xx Miche x

Jmarcus

Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore, wish you the best of luck. And Happy Thanksgiving.

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
hello guys.

I am a fan of tiny fish, love zebra danios, beautiful fish to my mind ( good job as i'm a beginner) and tetras. enjoy watching the 'gangs' go about their business and to see the odd rebel in the group! haven't really a plan re fish, just want healthy happy ones, would only say I like cheeky characteristics in animals!

It is odd that I am setting up a tank as for many years of my later life fish were my biggest phobia!Started when I was about 14 years old. I was eating haddock and looked up into my goldfish tank and shook, freaked and cried when I realised what I was eating.  I couldn't enter a room with a tank in it! I had hypnotherapy after a bad fall from my horse, was too afraid to ride, hypnotherapy helped a little with that but HUGE amounts re fish!!! can watch fish, get up close etc without shaking, sweating and my toes curling! I now am chilled and love the little things!

cycling tank as said, WANT MY FISH ASAP!!!! not that I am spoilt or impatient!!

Keep in touch x

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tazmiche said:
Think this site is fab and have already had advice from you. Think it is amazing that here I am in the uk but people across the world care enough to share their knowledge and experience! THANKS!!!!!!
Yes, this is also what I love about Fish Lore - we have people of all ages from all around the world here! And we do all love our fishies

Besides, WELCOME to Fish Lore !

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Miche ,you where saying you love zebra danios because they are beautiful .Have a look at these Threadfin Rainbowfish they grow about the same size and would look great shoaling around together .

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
HI Boff, I have never seen those before but I think they are stunning little things! Thanks for that, my store have said that if I ever see any fish I fancy and they can help get them they will. Would love them. Any more suggestions?

I have already seen my next tank to buy : but still haven't got this one up and running yet, well water readings looking good but still just bubbles :-\ Hopefully I'll have some little guys soon!   Miche x

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
HI Tazmiche and welcome. I have been so busy trying to care for my sick betta that I haven't been posting anywhere else. Have fun with your fish family!

CherryRose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Man ... Threadfin Rainbows are one of my all-time FAVORITES! They're so beautiful! I don't know when, but some time from now, I'd like a 125 - 150 gallon (or even a 200 gallon) tank with rainbowfish only. These would include large shoals of Threadfin Rainbows, Celebes Rainbows, and a good school of Bosemani, Praecox, Turquoise, and AxelrodI Rainbows. How I wish I had this tank NOW!

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Isabella ,that's what I want to do as well ,set up a big tank just for Rainbows I want a 6ft -2ft -2ft that's my dream tank but can't afford it at the moment .So it gives me time to work out what to put in it .If you do get BoesmanI make sure you get them from a good breeder because some from shops are for poor quality and the colours are not that bright  .

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well done cheery barbs are nice little fish and its good to hear that you have found a good fish shop, has your tank finished cycling now .I love buying new fish I think that's why when you get one tank and stock it ,you have to get more and more its like an addiction ,by the way how big is your tank .

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
My starter tank is 28 ltrs, i'm just learning about tropical fish and in no rush ( or at least that is what I thought!! Have already been window shopping for next, big as I can afford one!) Enjoying my tiddlers though! have 5 at mo would be happy just having a few more of them as I think they are pretty and amusing. May have trip to fish store tomo just for fun! ( I must remember to get a life whilst out shopping!!)  :-\

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well good luck with just going for a look ,but I bet you, your come home with some fish . ;D

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
thanks for last post, not really planning on going for just a look, just trying to start off getting as much right as possible. To be ignorant and harm just one fish (I know it can't be helped at times) would really upset me. But as I said I am thrilled with them. I Def enjoy the look.Any advice re veg for them?! Michelle ???

hopesmom

Reaction score
hI Michelle, welcome to fishlore! I was wondering... I have 2 cherry barbs, and they stick together, but swim mostly at the bottom and in seclusion...do yours do that? I wondered if I got more if they would come out of hiding. Mine are so pretty but sooooooo shy.
thanks for your thoughts,
denise

OP
T

Tazmiche

Well Known
Reaction score
HI Denise, up until lunch time today they have been completely mad fish, zooming around but they have suddenly started to act the way you describe. I have been really worried. Tested water etc, ph up very slightly but all else fine. I have now turned the light off and they have come out of hiding. Yes they do all stick together and very funny to watch, i'd def like more of them. I hope mine are ok, only had them 5 days but very fond already!

New Threads