Hello To All You FishLovers!!!

1. vicrai Initiate Member

Hi Everyone,

Have a 45 gallon hexagonal tank trying to set it up with some semi aggressive fishes, have one large Angel fish, 2 silver dollars, 1 rainbow fish the tank is getting conditioned for about 2 weeks now have some guppies in there currently, but will be moving them to the 10 gallon and move the other fishes in the larger tank...
    Wanted to know what other fishes will do well with these fishes, wanted to get 3 bala sharks, may be some more angel fishes... any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank You!!  ;)

2. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

All of your other fish sound wonderful! But I would hold off on the balas.. They can do in a 55 gallon, but are much happier in much much larger tanks, as they get to about 13 inches long, and prefer to have *lots* of open swimming space :)

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! I wouldn't add any more fish right now until your tank is cycled. It sounds like a beautiful tank! I also agree with EmpPleco, and would pass on the balas. They get huge!

4. RoboDude Member Member

OH! I'd LOVE Balas myself! They are possibly my FAVORITE fish, but problem is, I only have a 10 Gallon that is WAY overstocked anyways (I may give some of my fish away)

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

welcome! :)

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!
    Carol