Hello so i need ideas for my 10g

coolio3991

So my 10g tank has 1 betta, 3 dwarf crayfish, and a good bit if snails. I'm wanting to add some more fish to it. I want something active, fast, but is fine in a 10g. I've been wanting to do so for a while. I want something big enough the betta wont try and eat it but is okay with a 10g. And I really want it colorful and playful. what fish would you recommend.

Also what would yall say about corydoras a smaller version. Or maybe a small pleco. I have had the betta with neon tetras and he killed 3 of the young ones. But was fine with bigger ones. And he was with a different tetra with the black line on its top fin.

BigManAquatics

I feel like bottom dwellers would clash with the crayfish.

coolio3991

I feel like bottom dwellers would clash with the crayfish.
That's what I feared. Thank you. Do you have any ideas on fish that eat snails but safe to be with a betta and the cpo crayfish. I'm trying to find something but so far no luck. I may convince my wife to let me put my x ray tetras in the 10g with them. Because they have lived together before. Then I would get some more neon tetras for my 20g.

My betta and cpo struggle eating snails. Everything I read said they both would end up killing snails. Well I've only found 2 dead snails in the tank. Idk what killed em but I've watched the crayfish try to eat them but fail time and time again.

BigManAquatics

Puffers are usually good at eating snails but not so great with bettas as they are also aggressive and territorial, can't really think of much else that does.

coolio3991

Puffers are usually good at eating snails but not so great with bettas as they are also aggressive and territorial, can't really think of much else that does.
Okay thank you. I may end up trying it still because I've seen a few videos of bettas working together with puffers while hunting and living together just fine. They did scuffle a bit in the beginning but are fine now and one of them has had them together for 2 years now. Worse case scenario is the puffer gets eaten by the craws which would suck but I dont see that happening

BigManAquatics

Okay thank you. I may end up trying it still because I've seen a few videos of bettas working together with puffers while hunting and living together just fine. They did scuffle a bit in the beginning but are fine now and one of them has had them together for 2 years now. Worse case scenario is the puffer gets eaten by the craws which would suck but I dont see that happening
I mean really, a person never knows until they try. Just always gotta be ready with a back-up plan in case it hits the fan.

coolio3991

I mean really, a person never knows until they try. Just always gotta be ready with a back-up plan in case it hits the fan.
Yeah definitely if the betta crayfish and puffer dont go well together then I can set up a tub tank thing for it inside my house. It would get a 16 g tub to itself and I can put a ton of snails in there for it. And some fake plants. And an already cycled spong Filter till I can set up a 5g tank for it.

Qzar61

So my 10g tank has 1 betta, 3 dwarf crayfish, and a good bit if snails. I'm wanting to add some more fish to it. I want something active, fast, but is fine in a 10g. I've been wanting to do so for a while. I want something big enough the betta wont try and eat it but is okay with a 10g. And I really want it colorful and playful. what fish would you recommend.

Also what would yall say about corydoras a smaller version. Or maybe a small pleco. I have had the betta with neon tetras and he killed 3 of the young ones. But was fine with bigger ones. And he was with a different tetra with the black line on its top fin.
A bristlenose is the smallest pleco and gets at least 4-6 inches which is too big for 10 gallon. Small corys are nice if you get at least 2 or 3. I'm not real familiar with crayfish but it should be fine. Danios are a fun very active hearty community fish and about 4 will do it and get along with both sexes bettas.

coolio3991

A bristlenose is the smallest pleco and gets at least 4-6 inches which is too big for 10 gallon. Small corys are nice if you get at least 2 or 3. I'm not real familiar with crayfish but it should be fine. Danios are a fun very active hearty community fish and about 4 will do it and get along with both sexes bettas.
I've have some danios in my 20g but I'm honestly not liking them anymore. I had 5 of them together in my tank. And 1 of them has killed 2 of them and it kills a good amount of my shrimp. And I had them in with my betta at one point and they nipped his fins a lot. But I definitely do want to get some corydoras I think they are super cute.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
coolio3991
Replies
Views
alven
Replies