Hello People

1. Hoyo12

Hoyo12 New Member Member

Hello everyone,
    I am 14 (Soon to be 15 :D), started High School in September, and have been involved in the fish keeping hobby all my life. At age 10 I 'collected' rare and exotic species of reptiles from different suppliers around the country, and then at age 12 began to collect fish. (Although, I did already have a few, just more reptiles ;)) I have about 18 tanks with both reptiles and fish (Mostly fish) with Brackish, fresh and saltwater tank(s). I def. have a lot of experience with common, rare, or native fish. I have owned over 150 different species of fish in my life, and currently own around 90, soon to be more. (Had a Coryfish pair spawn two days ago :D) My favorite species of fish would have to be the Knife fish. I have had many different species, as shown in my sig. Just an amazing species of fish.
    I also started a fish rescue called "Fish Sanctuary" where I take in unwanted fish; big, small, sick, healthy, common, rare, they all need a home. :)
    Brady

2. C

Charlemagne Valued Member Member

Hi there, ad welcome to Fish Lore! Sounds like you've had a lot of experience with fish and reptiles! I'm sure you'll fit right in, and will be able to help a lot of people!

3. OP
    OP
    Hoyo12

Hoyo12 New Member Member

Thank you.

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore!!
    Please share some pics of all your tanks when you can :) we would love to see them!

5. OP
    OP
    Hoyo12

Hoyo12 New Member Member

Thanks, and I will try to get some pics up! Have some already posted of two of my Knives. ;)

6. c

click Well Known Member Member

Hi and welcome to Fishlore. Glad to have another hobbyist with such a vast experience to share. Looking forward for pics of your tanks.

7. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fish Lore! A new comer with tons of knowledge-that's great! Look forward to seeing some pictures of your fish.:;f

8. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

9. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

welcome to Fishlore!!!!!!!!:;hi2

10. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore.........

11. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

Welcome aboard.... whaty one fish has given you the most challenge... or kicked your butt ... as the Manderin Goby has mine... I cant get them to eat anything other than copepods and they out oet my tanks production of those lol

12. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

:sign0016:

13. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    carol

14. OP
    OP
    Hoyo12

Hoyo12 New Member Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    Sad to say this, but for me, it would be a Guppy. lol, I could never get them to survive more than a few weeks. Why? No clue, lol. But I can care for many 'exotic' species of fish! It's just the common ones that give me issues, lol.

15. s

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore :) Can't wait to see some of your pic's :)

16. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

LMAO sometiomes it is the easy ones that get you

17. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

Welcome! Glad to have you! :D
    That's quite a history you have there, and at such a young age. Do you pay for it all yourself?

18. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

:sign0016:

CB

19. haedra

haedra Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!

20. OP
    OP
    Hoyo12

Hoyo12 New Member Member

lol, seems to be that way.
    Most of the fish, yes, and filters, heaters, etc. Have to work for them, unless it's a Birthday thing, then it is normally my parents. The electricity bill, no, lol.