Hello! New user, new tank, new fishkeeper here.

Blisster

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to stop in and say Hi.
I used to keep a small 10 gallon tank back when I was a kid, haven't had one in at LEAST 20 years. Well I just got myself a 30 gallon tank with white-sand substrate and a few decorative (fake) coral and rock pieces. I'm a ways into my cycle, have 6 Zebra Daino's in there and am starting to think about what sort of community I want to keep.

Any recommendations for bottom feeders that will help keep the sand nice and clean? I love the look of it under the UV tube, but any bit of waste or food or whatnot stands out and looks sorta shabby.

I'll post a pic later!

Blisster

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my setup so far.

nothing too special yet, bu I think I like the sparse minimalis look (at least so far). so any suggestions on what types of fish can be happy in a tank like this, or suggestions on further decorum or whatnot is kindly apprecieated!!

cheers!

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi Blisster, and welcome aboard! I think you tank looks cool! You have a lot of choices, since you have a good sized tank...what do you like? Do you want a large school of one species? Livebearers? I made the mistake of getting one only of several different types of community fish, and then found out that they are happier in groups of 5 or 6 of the same species...and to do that would make the tank super overstocked...so I had to get another tank (I couldn't take them back to the store)..oh yeah, and don't get a common pleco unless you plan on buying him a huge tank in a very short while! Another problem I've encountered in the very short time I've been fishkeeping! Some fish grow really big, really fast, and poop a LOT! 
Denise

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First are you doing freshwater or salt? That starfish looks awfully real
Carol

Blisster

Reaction score
hehe, its fresh. The starfish came with the tank!

Thanks for the tip about the pleco, I was thinking of getting one!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom