Hello! New user, new tank, new fishkeeper here.

Blisster

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to stop in and say Hi.
I used to keep a small 10 gallon tank back when I was a kid, haven't had one in at LEAST 20 years. Well I just got myself a 30 gallon tank with white-sand substrate and a few decorative (fake) coral and rock pieces. I'm a ways into my cycle, have 6 Zebra Daino's in there and am starting to think about what sort of community I want to keep.

Any recommendations for bottom feeders that will help keep the sand nice and clean? I love the look of it under the UV tube, but any bit of waste or food or whatnot stands out and looks sorta shabby.

I'll post a pic later!

OP
B

Blisster

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my setup so far.

nothing too special yet, bu I think I like the sparse minimalis look (at least so far). so any suggestions on what types of fish can be happy in a tank like this, or suggestions on further decorum or whatnot is kindly apprecieated!!

cheers!

hopesmom

Reaction score
HI Blisster, and welcome aboard! I think you tank looks cool! You have a lot of choices, since you have a good sized tank...what do you like? Do you want a large school of one species? Livebearers? I made the mistake of getting one only of several different types of community fish, and then found out that they are happier in groups of 5 or 6 of the same species...and to do that would make the tank super overstocked...so I had to get another tank (I couldn't take them back to the store)..oh yeah, and don't get a common pleco unless you plan on buying him a huge tank in a very short while! Another problem I've encountered in the very short time I've been fishkeeping! Some fish grow really big, really fast, and poop a LOT! 
Denise

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First are you doing freshwater or salt? That starfish looks awfully real
Carol

OP
B

Blisster

Reaction score
hehe, its fresh. The starfish came with the tank!

Thanks for the tip about the pleco, I was thinking of getting one!

New Threads