Hello, New To Fishlore!

LoganKarl

Hello, Happy to be a part of this forum! I am new to keeping fish other that having a tank when I was a kid. After raising Sea Monkeys with my daughter I decided we needed something a little more interesting. So I went out and bought a tank kit, came home filled it with water and then went and picked up some fish... And after that I started researching and learnt I have made about every mistake I could starting out!

I bought a 1.5g tank with filter and heater. Let my daughter pick out the fish. Stocked it with 5 Ember Tetras, 1 Amano shrimp, live plants and Fluval Stratum substrate. (I am thinking I may need a bigger tank)

Again, happy to be on this forum. I have learnt a lot so far and still much more to learn!

JaksAquatics

welcome to be honest you almost broke every rule you got a heater and a filter which not many people buy when getting a tank

Nikki2577

Welcome to Fishlore I agree a bigger tank is a great idea!

Repolie

Welcome! Yes you definitely do need a bigger tank as no fish can live in a 1.5 gallon tank.

Swlws

Welcome to Fishlore and lets look at the positive, as blue velvet keeper said, you got a filter and heater! A bigger tank will be ideal but after reading your other post it seems you're dedicated to keep them healthy so keep it up!

r5n8xaw00

Would a five gallon tank be to big for your use. They are really super easy to maintain and not very big, cheap and easy to get the needed things, heater ect.

Aqua Fan

Hello LoganKarl and welcome to Fishlore. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. Lots of knowledgeable people here willing to help

Cheesecake

'Allo.

ScareCrowe

Would a five gallon tank be to big for your use. They are really super easy to maintain and not very big, cheap and easy to get the needed things, heater ect.
If you have room I'd go to a 10, I find them to be just about the same price but gives you a few more stocking options & accessories are still cheaply available.

LoganKarl

Thanks for all the support! Upgraded to a 5g. Moved all the fish over on the advice of another member due to the fact neither tank was cycled anyways. Moved over pump to run along side the new one to help with bacteria. Fish seem a lot happier with the new set up!

Attachments

• FE4A9C1E-3991-4AA6-853E-1E30FC784D88.jpeg
    FE4A9C1E-3991-4AA6-853E-1E30FC784D88.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 50

r5n8xaw00

Thanks for all the support! Upgraded to a 5g. Moved all the fish over on the advice of another member due to the fact neither tank was cycled anyways. Moved over pump to run along side the new one to help with bacteria. Fish seem a lot happier with the new set up!
Great, I bet your fish are happier.

Swlws

Awesome! Bigger is better

richiep

Croseo welcome lots more lots bigger sneak them in one at a time until your threatened with divorce

Cheesecake

Looks awesome OP! I'm envious.....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
LynnwoodFishDad
Replies
Views
emmykenzie