Hello New Member

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Joshua D'Souza, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Joshua D'Souza

Joshua D'SouzaNew MemberMember

Hello new to the forum have been enjoying reading the post been in the hobby for quite some time just coming back from a long break. Readi. Up on Berta’s here and got a galaxy yellow planet and a red koi female to spawn in just two day so I’m pretty excited as to what the results will be. Female is removed. And male is tending to the eggs. We shall see.

2. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!

3. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to fishlore.

4. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

5. OP
    OP
    Joshua D'Souza

I was worried because the male was replacing eggs in the nest without placing them in bubbles. I thought oh great dad doesn’t know what he is doing. Yet he managed to hatch them without a bubble nest. They are now all tall down hanging in the water line. Make is very attentive.

Attached Files:

6. mattgirl

If that is a Betta you will want to keep a very close eye on him and them. Right now he is guarding them but once they are free swimming they will become snacks for him. I learned that lesson the hard way the first time I bred my Bettas. :(

7. OP
    OP
    Joshua D'Souza

Yeah that’s my guy hmpk. I’m thinking he will come out tomorrow. Some people I hear use the keep fry with dad method but I’m not wanting to take the chance.

8. mattgirl

He is a beautiful little guy. :)

I knew I had to remove dad but didn't do it quick enough the first time. He ate all of the fry overnight. The second and last time I bred them I removed him as soon as the fry were free swimming.

I knew when I started the process that I only wanted to do it one time just for the experience so was very disappointed when the first spawn failed. Raising Betta's is not something I would want to do all the time 'specially when they get old enough to have to be separated.

I had a 4 shelf 4 foot long bookshelf filled with 1 gallon glass jars for the males. One time was sufficient for me :D

I wish you all the luck in the world. Hopefully you will keep us updated.

9. OP
    OP
    Joshua D'Souza

Thank you! I know my wife will not be pleased when these guys grow up and take up our house. So far there seems to be close to 100 of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice