Hello! New member here, here’s my tanks!

Cyanic

Hello hello!
ive been keeping fish as a hobby now for 8 years, but I’ve almost always had a betta of some sort my whole life.
i started with bettas in 6th grade, and had around seven, five gallon tanks running in my room, all of them planted. Currently I work at a small local pet store where I love to maintain our aquariums and reptile enclosures.

Right now I’ve gotten myself down to my 40 gallon and a 10 gallon, all low tech planted tanks.
40:
You must be registered to see images

Stocking:
Brilliant rasboras, a German ram, Siamese algae eater, a couple synodontis lucipinis, banjo catfish, a couple stray zebra danios, rubber lip pleco, dwarf crayfish, agassizzi cories(maybe?), 1 blind panda cory, and a pair of weather loaches (Noodle and Worm)
(Yes, it’s a bit overstocked but I’ve had it running for around a year and it’s been doing wonderfully. I always keep an eye on the parameters )
Plant-wise I have:
Giant jungle val, regular jungle val, crypts, anubias, subwassertang, Christmas moss, dwarf hair grass (I think), java fern, and dwarf tiger lillies!

10:

stocking:
Dragonscale betta, 4 elegans cories, amano shrimp, Malaysian trumpet snails, and a couple mystery snails.
Planting:
Crypts, subwassertang, a dwarf tiger lily, and some other cool plant I got but don’t know the actual name of.

I hope to have fun on this forum and learn even more about fishkeeping!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :) very nice tanks!

BradleyH2O

Welcome to the forum. Sweet setups!

WRWAquarium

Welcome. Your tanks look great :)

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore,

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore! I do love those tanks!!! And I just love all bettas, sooo...:)

Dennis57

Hi and Welcome to Fishlore.

Nice tanks.

JLAquatics

Welcome to Fishlore! As everyone else said, you have some very nice setups there. :)

You said you were unsure of the name of one of the plants in your smaller Betta tank. If you are talking about the vine-like plants with the clover like leaves in the last pic those are called Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan.

Cyanic

Welcome to Fishlore! As everyone else said, you have some very nice setups there. :)

You said you were unsure of the name of one of the plants in your smaller Betta tank. If you are talking about the vine-like plants with the clover like leaves in the last pic those are called Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan.
That’s exactly the plant I was talking about!! Lol
And that looks like that’s what it is, thank you!

Mbradley17

Hello hello!
ive been keeping fish as a hobby now for 8 years, but I’ve almost always had a betta of some sort my whole life.
i started with bettas in 6th grade, and had around seven, five gallon tanks running in my room, all of them planted. Currently I work at a small local pet store where I love to maintain our aquariums and reptile enclosures.

Right now I’ve gotten myself down to my 40 gallon and a 10 gallon, all low tech planted tanks.
40:

Stocking:
Brilliant rasboras, a German ram, Siamese algae eater, a couple synodontis lucipinis, banjo catfish, a couple stray zebra danios, rubber lip pleco, dwarf crayfish, agassizzi cories(maybe?), 1 blind panda cory, and a pair of weather loaches (Noodle and Worm)
(Yes, it’s a bit overstocked but I’ve had it running for around a year and it’s been doing wonderfully. I always keep an eye on the parameters )
Plant-wise I have:
Giant jungle val, regular jungle val, crypts, anubias, subwassertang, Christmas moss, dwarf hair grass (I think), java fern, and dwarf tiger lillies!

10:

stocking:
Dragonscale betta, 4 elegans cories, amano shrimp, Malaysian trumpet snails, and a couple mystery snails.
Planting:
Crypts, subwassertang, a dwarf tiger lily, and some other cool plant I got but don’t know the actual name of.

I hope to have fun on this forum and learn even more about fishkeeping!
Sweet! Beautiful tanks! Welcome

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AndrewL
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Cowardlyslimeball
20 Gallon Tank New member here