Hello! New at the hobby and excited to make grow the snowball of knowledge.

RodSo

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Rodrigo, i am from Chile, South America. I have been learning about fish keeping from almost 4 months ago. It all started with a little fish tank (10L / 2.6G) given to me with some gravel, a heater and a filter. I really wasn't very interested but one day watching random fish videos, i remembered that i have this fish tank and I ask myself: why not? So since no good answer came to that question, i had no choice than dive myself in a lot of videos, reading, asking and finally learning. Fortunately in that process, i discovered that some friends were also fish keepers, making the process easier and even more fun. Now, after all, I'm happy to say that i can keep my red Betta named Li in good condition. What else can i say, lately i've been thrilled by fish koi ponds so they are on my plans for the near future. I hope to learn a lot from you and if possible help someone too. Thanks in advance!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AJE may be a wealth of knowledge for an outdoor pond in your area. Oh and hes the welcome wagon too.

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to the bunch,lots of smart people in here.
If you want a koi fish pond for more than 1 koi I would suggest at least 1,000 gallon pond for them.
They are very very big fish.
Dont change your filter media,its where good bacteria lives.
Get live plants for your fish no plastic.
Get API master liquid test kit.
When you get a bigger tank(you will,dont worry)
Make sure all the fish get along with one another and have fun!

OP
RodSo

RodSo

Reaction score
Thank you very much to all!. I am happy to say that maybe in a few days I will have a new 25 Gal fish tank and I have already been following some tips. For example, I ordered an API Freshwater Master Kit to learn in depth about the parameters, the biological load and how it affects water quality and life there. About the fish pond I was thinking of 500 Gal but I have time to reconsider that number. Once again, thank you all for the welcome and advice.

OP
RodSo

RodSo

Reaction score
Berryblue said:
Welcome and we can't wait to see pics of what you set up.
Thank you! I will take pictures. In the meanwhile I leave this one here.

Attachments

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom