Hello Lobster!

Chillin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hellos, iv had my lobster for about 2 months now, and hes an awesome little mean dude.
thought he would be alright with a community tank that i had...
only took him less than 2weeks to eat the poor fishes and dig up all the plants to claim the tank as his own, so now I own 2 tanks.
thought the water would be fine since he was the only 1 in the tank, yet apparently the water turned toxic.
i added him some feeder fish and they where infected with a coating and died with in an hour and to be fished out by me.
so I've since boiled the rocks, cleaned the pump, new filter and vacuumed up the debris, filtering with just a coffee filter the water back in with out removing water.
reorganized everything back into the tank, added 1gallon spring water for dilution.
gotten new feeder fish and they are doing great, and working on introducing ghost shrimp..
plants will come once they have regrown in the 2nd tank with fish and ghost shrimp being added to as well

Chillin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it is a blue crayfish in a 10g freshwater, its already ripped up the plants and killed and ate the tank's first inhabitants, so it is his tank now heh..

Chillin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
this is in the fresh water section, and iv noticed there are other sites that refer the blue crayfish as a blue lobster, even printed on my receipt from the store....

Chillin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
does keep it challenging keeping a happy tank with no plants for him, waiting on type of carpeting grass to grow in 2nd tank to try and plant that in with him, as well waiting on ripped up plants to grow large again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom