15 Gallon Tank Hello, intro post, corydora keeper

skippyfish

hello! I've been keeping my latest tank since 2018. I was going to keep corydoras and a betta, but I discovered I adore my corydoras, so I've stuck with those. I have 3 corydoras: Perky, the oldest and now the most easily spooked; Dart, the hungriest; Umlaut, the most mellow. They're not as interactive as betta fish. They're extremely sensitive to noise. But they know how to get my attention if they need to, and still surprise me with what they can get up to. yay, little fish!

PeterFishKeepin

Welcome to Fishlore :)

I would reccomend upping the school of corydoras from 3 to 6 which is a good small group for 15gal tank.

This will help them be more social and less scared

Best of luck :)
Peter

skippyfish

Hi Peter,
Thank you! It's good to be here. :)
Yes, that was the original plan. But it turns out I don't want to breed them. I forgot how much an ill fish brings me down, and keeping wee fry healthy is work. (these three try to breed constantly.) It's a good point though, I'll think about it some more.
Regards!

PeterFishKeepin

you can collect there eggs and dispose of them, or give fry to LFS for store credit?

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
I wouldn't worry about them breeding as fast as the female lays her eggs the other are so close behind eating them,
Without human intervention I've found non survive the egg stage,
Its taken mine a long time to calm down even now some dart off when I'm near
They are a fantastic little fish and as PeterFishKeepin mentioned keep in groups
Heres a few of my guys just chillin

Attachments

• 20211207_220210.jpg
    20211207_220210.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 7

skippyfish

you can collect there eggs and dispose of them, or give fry to LFS for store credit?
Good to know about the store credit, thank you.

Croeso welcome to fishlore
I wouldn't worry about them breeding as fast as the female lays her eggs the other are so close behind eating them,
Without human intervention I've found non survive the egg stage,
Its taken mine a long time to calm down even now some dart off when I'm near
They are a fantastic little fish and as PeterFishKeepin mentioned keep in groups
Heres a few of my guys just chillin

thank you!
re: eggs/fry. yeah, I accidentally bred angelfish once, that was stressful. You've both got me thinking about finding more male corys, though.
My corys are skittish relative to a betta. They swim under a plant when I walk over, but immediately pop back out again, to watch me watching them.
Ah, so cool! look at those guys. :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
poeticinjustices
Replies
Views
Joshaeus

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom