Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Hello, I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Falionys, Apr 15, 2019.

1. FalionysNew MemberMember

Hello, I currently have a 125g tank. I'm planning on adding more caves and plastic plants in the future, but as right now it going pretty well. The tank is month old, just added my fish last week. Currently supporting 4 Electric Blue Cichlid, 5 Electric Yellow Cichlid, 4 blue maingano, 5 Golden Cichlid(I'm guessing on this one there yellow), 6 Bumblebee Cichlid, 5 Red Zebra Cichlid, 1 kenyi cichlid( 5 died from shipping) and 1 pleco. So far all have been getting along with one another (haven't seen any chasing or aggression). I'm running 2 filters a fluval fx4 and ehiem classic 600. Currently right now thanks to fx4 ease of doing it I do 10% water changes daily and vacuuming once a week. At 10% I don't have to off my ehiem filter so there still constant circulation. 1555388302836417126588735181066.jpg15553884080123609176573468803000.jpg

2. FalionysNew MemberMember

For food been using new life spectrum cichlid pellets (morning and afternoon), frozen cichlid delight (around middle of the day, and I replace a bit of zucchini every 12 hours. Fast on sundays. I am brand new to cichlids, so any advice would help.

3. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

4. FalionysNew MemberMember

Thank you for the welcome.

5. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!! great looking tank!!!

6. FalionysNew MemberMember

Thank you, switched out the zucchini to cucumber today and they are going nuts over it. Definitely will try some other veggies (any recommendations). I have tried red lettuce, but they didn't like that at all. Like I said before, i am brand new to cichlids so any advise will help

7. BruisesValued MemberMember

Loving the tank!!!

8. FalionysNew MemberMember

Thank you alot. So far past 3 day 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrates. They been picking the cucumbers clean in 5 hours so might stick with them. Haven't heard of any other suggestions. I Saw someone mention bananas worked for them so might try that. I like to try give variety.

9. Morpheus1967Well Known MemberMember

10. FalionysNew MemberMember

Yea I went 3 and half weeks of no fish cycle. I did have a small amount after first few days after adding the fish, but since adding the fish I do 10% daily water changes

11. Morpheus1967Well Known MemberMember

Still. 31 fish and zero nitrates. Lucky dog!!

12. FalionysNew MemberMember

Also do vacuuming on sundays, today will make it 2 weeks since adding them

13. FalionysNew MemberMember

Lol ok so out of the 7 bags of sand I used 3 were African Cichlid Substrates Bio-Activ Live Cichlid Sand and 4 were desert African Sahara Sand. According to the live sand they eat away at nitrates, but I don't know how accurate that is