Hello! I am just introducing myself and my shrimping hobby!

jenna2190

Hello, my name is Jenna. I have sort of became a shrimp fanatic a few months ago so I still have many questions, but I also have some answers. I have a neocaridina tank and a caridina tank. I currently have blue dream shrimp with lots of babies, two pregnant red rilis, and two pregnant orange rilis. Two of the blue dreams have some eggs too. My crystals I have only had for a few weeks but haven’t noticed any pregnancies. My husband thinks I’m crazy but I love my shrimp and I think they are so amazing to watch, and so do my one and three year old.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Gorgeous! Welcome to Fishlore! I hope you like it here.

richiep

Croeso welcome to
What water are you keeping your crystsls in

ForBettaorForWorse

Nice to meet another Jenna! You don't see too many of them:)

ProudPapa

Welcome. I'm always happy to see we have another shrimp keeper.

ruud

Welcome and good luck with the hobby. Any reason why you keep different color morphs of neo's in the same tank? Any crossing will loose its color.

jenna2190

Croeso welcome to
What water are you keeping your crystsls in
I keep them in distilled water and I add Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+ So the GH is around 3. I had trouble at first, I thought they needed completely soft water… but that is not a good idea you have to remineralize with the GH+. And they like cooler temps I have them at about 72… my neos are 78-79 since most are pregnant and I want the babes to do well
I keep all my neos in the same tank I guess I like to see what colors they come up with. I’m fairly new at this so I’m just happy they are alive, mating, and having babies
Welcome and good luck with the hobby. Any reason why you keep different color morphs of neo's in the same tank? Any crossing will loose its color.
I thought they could all go together. I’m fairly new at this. I am just happy they are alive, pregnant, and having babies. Some turn out to be interesting colors. How would you recommend I keep them?

richiep

Like Neocaradina crystals need to be 5ish months old to breed , give them a chance im sure they'll breed for you

ruud

You can do whatever you like of course ;)

Crossing different morphs in neo's is not the same as with caridina. Perhaps a blue neo will cross with another blue neo; they'll get blue offspring. But mixing for instance a blue with a red rili, most offspring will turn brown/grey color. It is possible though that new colors show up or certain patterns, but one thing is for certain, you'll loose the colors you currently have. Neocaridina need to be bred separately if you like to retain the color.

With caridina's it's a different story.

BradleyH2O

Howdy Jenna and welcome to the forum! Pretty sweet moss ball you’ve got there!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies
Views
SharonBR
Replies
Views
Nanners_Fish
Replies
Views