Hello! I am excited to be here!

kwescott

Hi all!

I am new to the forum.. Well.. I have been reading and watching for weeks, but I have finally signed up! I am relatively new to the hobby. I grew up with tanks, and had a great big 150 gallon tank as a kid (or was it a 75? Not sure, looked huge to my five year old self back then). Either way, I watched and occasionally got to hold the hose during water changes, but that was about it until my dad turned it into a snake sanctuary before he passed when i was 10.

Anywho! I am now the proud owner of a 5 gallon betta tank and a 29 gallon tank. These are my first aquariums as an adult. The betta tank has been running for a few months, planted and stocked with a happy little guy. This is what peaked my interest and had me deep diving into facebook marketplace for a tank, as well as forums and books to learn all there was to know about aquascaping, plants, fish, the nitrogen cycle, you name it. My 29 gallon tank is newly cycled. I had the privilege of buying a recently used aquarium off facebook marketplace, so I was able to use the gravel and filter media to help with the the process. I can't wait to get this bad boy stocked up!

It turns out that I become obsessive over new hobbies, and I am so excited to be apart of this community and learn along the way!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

Rose of Sharon

Welcome to Fishlore!

Always glad to meet another betta parent!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
OcellarisGal
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views
Jessmajik
Replies
Views