Hello Hello! New To The Forum!

Emilee C.

Reaction score
Hello there! My name's Emilee and I am a betta owner I found this forum and decided to join it in hopes of learning more about my beloved fish and making some friends.

I am a freshman in college currently, majoring in elementary education with a focus on mathematics.

I got my first betta fish at the end of my junior year of high school. He was a beautiful blue veiltale named Sonic. He loved me and I loved him but unfortunately he contracted dropsy in my winter semester here at college. I caught it too late and even though I wanted to treat him I simply did not have the money for the medicines he would need so I had to euthanize him (I used clove oil).

A few days later, I bought a new betta fish. I did not want my fish supplies to go to waste and I had a betta fish sized hole in my heart. His name was Jonghyun (because the kpop idol was my, well, idol). He is a beautiful pink-red-purple ombre veiltale. He is housed in a 2.5 gallon (I tried him in a 5 gallon for the first month or two but I noticed he liked smaller areas so I moved him to a smaller tank.) where he loves his little Top Fin Balines Lantern Aquarium ornament. His only tank mates is Shawol, an ivory mystery snail and two marimo moss balls.

A little bit later in the year, my roommate and I decided to start a betta fish sorority. I had done a lot of reading on these and I wanted to try my hand at it. So, we both picked out two female bettas (big mistake) and then got an additional school of five red finned tetras.

In short, it failed and now the bettas are separated and we are currently trying to find a home for our aggressive little demon tetras.

Above is my female betta named Yoongles. I do not remember what type of betta she is. She gets stressed very easily and was the first one to come out of the community tank because she was so stressed and picked on that she refused to poop. I am now housing her in a one gallon coffee pot that is used as an emergency tank (it has never been used for coffee, no worries). She is not currently very active and I am looking into getting her her own 2.5 gallon tank to start off with in the coming weeks.

And then this is September, whom I also don't remember the type of. Her colors remind me of bonfires on a warm September night, hence her name! She was the second to come out because the tetras bullied her so much. As you can see, she is not doing very well. I have her in another emergency tank (a 1 gallon fish bowl) until I can get her a proper home. She seems to just be a baby and I have been doing research to find supplements and medicines I can give her to make her grow up strong! She is by far my favorite fish I have owned and I am hoping she makes a full recovery.

These are my three bettas! All of them absolutely hate filters so I have opted to doing frequent water changes until I can find a filter that works for them.

I am excited to become a part of this forum and look forward to getting to know you all!

Emilee C.

Reaction score
Iverg1 said:
Welcome to fish lore! have you tried a sponge filter?
I have not! I've heard of them but never even thought of using one, as I thought (for some reason xD) that they were harder to use. I'll look into it for Jonghyun! Thanks!

trash.binh91

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Emilee C. said:
I have not! I've heard of them but never even thought of using one, as I thought (for some reason xD) that they were harder to use. I'll look into it for Jonghyun! Thanks!
you like kpop?

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to the forum, cant help with betta's but this sight should be able to help with all things betta.

Emilee C.

Reaction score
Iverg1 said:
Can’t see images would love to see your girls!
Septmeber unfortunately passed away last night Yoongles is now acting a bit erractic but I will hopefully getting her her own tank tonight! Jjong (Jonghyun) is a little upset that I disrupt his bubble nest while I was feeding him (he refuses to eat unless I feed him bloodworms one by one with tongs) but otherwise is fine!

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom