Hello-Greetings from LagunaVista Texas!

Louie3

Reaction score
Well let me say a little about my self. I am 15 started off with a fresh water tank (30 gallon) when I was 6. The tank cracked so I had a 29 gallon for 6years. I went on vaccation and my dad didnt care for the fish that well and they got some sort of infection. So at that point I decided to start saltwater. I soon found my self with little space and upgradded to a 55 gallon. Not to long ago I started a nano. In febuary I decided to start a Freshwater tank again. And I puchased another 55 gallon tank to keep guppies and other livebarriers.
I'll be happy to tell you more about my systems if you ask.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Louie3

Reaction score
You have a 400w MH over a 30 gallon tank! Your corals must be really happy

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No corals yet. Still cycling. What kind of corals you got?

Louie3

Reaction score
Whole bunch of zoanthids, mushrooms, xenia, Colt, Fiji Leathers and a new frag of Green Citirs acropora

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What do you think of SPS corals? I may want to get pom pom xenia next month and a few coral frags.

Louie3

Reaction score
People say SPS are really hared to care for. But I think it applies only when you have alot of them. So its easy to care for one but for the price of a fragged sps you can probably get a colony zoas.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the help. I am very new to Saltwater and had my tank cycling for about 3 weeks now. Its going through the brown algae cycle. I got some hermits and snails to help control it. tomorrow I am going to get a few blue damsels to cycle the tank

Louie3

Reaction score
Try using a bacterial addetive called Bio-Spira for marine tanks. It works great! I used it to start off all my tanks. Add this before you put the damsels then buy the damsels the nextday or so

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
cool! thanks for the advice

Louie3

Reaction score
Very welcome, feel free to ask me questions on your Saltwater setup. I've collected a great amount of information from my tank and other fellow reefers and at only 15 Im the youngest of them on our local forum

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom