Hello From Virginia! :)

Cassandra Marie

Reaction score
I’m Cassandra, 28, happily married for six years, and I have a precious one year daughter. She’s my pride and joy. I just finished up schooling in May and began my dream job as a veterinarian in June. Up until then, I had been working as an veterinary assistant in the same place I work now.

I’ve always had a huge love for animals and my husband and I rescue, foster, and rehabilitate them. We currently have four dogs, three cats, a ferret, a sugar glider, two rabbits, several tree frogs, several varieties of lizards, two snakes, and we have six aquariums of different sizes throughout our home. The fish weren’t rescues though (besides nine new ones that I just took in tonight), I just really enjoy them and have had an aquarium or two for as long as I can remember.

I can’t think of anything else to say about myself that won’t bore whoever is reading this, so I’ll end this here. I just figured now would be a good time to make an account and introduce myself because I’ve been reading the forums for over a year. Everyone here seems super nice and informative, so I’m looking forward to posting along with all of you.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey. Welcome to fishlore! New vet and practically new mom! Both needed here for sure! Small animal? Large animal? All animal? (I’m in favor of the last one naturally). Oh, my I’m so glad you’re here! My dream job! Until I came to the sad reality that I can’t kill anything. Even mercy killing. There’s a barrier that I can’t cross. Got accepted to vet school. Had a nice little 4.0 to sweeten the pot. Then my friend and vet had a sit down with me. If you can’t harden your heart some, you’ll never make it in vet school. After talking to the Vets over at the school, I found out my heart doesn’t have a hard spot. So I’m so so happy for you and beyond happy you joined this forum. There’s some pretty smart folks on here. (We’re all a little off but I just call that special. Don’t you?). Lol
Welcome welcome welcome! And you told us about your pets but didn’t post pictures. First rule of fishlore: keep it clean; second rule of fishlore: post pics. Bunches of pics. Please? Especially the snakes?

Cassandra Marie

Reaction score
Gypsy13 said:
Hey. Welcome to fishlore! New vet and practically new mom! Both needed here for sure! Small animal? Large animal? All animal? (I’m in favor of the last one naturally). Oh, my I’m so glad you’re here! My dream job! Until I came to the sad reality that I can’t kill anything. Even mercy killing. There’s a barrier that I can’t cross. Got accepted to vet school. Had a nice little 4.0 to sweeten the pot. Then my friend and vet had a sit down with me. If you can’t harden your heart some, you’ll never make it in vet school. After talking to the Vets over at the school, I found out my heart doesn’t have a hard spot. So I’m so so happy for you and beyond happy you joined this forum. There’s some pretty smart folks on here. (We’re all a little off but I just call that special. Don’t you?). Lol
Welcome welcome welcome! And you told us about your pets but didn’t post pictures. First rule of fishlore: keep it clean; second rule of fishlore: post pics. Bunches of pics. Please? Especially the snakes?
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! That’s the hardest part of my job, having to put an animal to sleep. Even though the animals have no quality of life left, it’s still a tough thing to do and it never gets any easier. I’m an extremely kind hearted person, but there are times when I have to turn my emotions off and make decisions solely based on what I was taught. I definitely do call it special, because I’m just a tad bit off myself and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Lol Ah, now that I know that pictures are a must let me see if I can figure out how to post a few of my miniature zoo. Hopefully, I get it right on the first try!

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hubby loves the matching dogs, cats and bunny! Awesome! Snakes and lizards sound too cute. He draws the line at reptiles in the house. Lol
I just can’t tell you how much you’re appreciated! And please please please jump in and help anytime!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom