Hello from the Netherlands!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Marijke, Jan 7, 2013.

1. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Hi everyone! My name is Mari, 16, been keeping fish for about 2 years.
    A fellow fish lover from DeviantArt mentioned this forum and I decided to take a look, this seems like a great fish community :)
    I'm a huge aquarium lover and I currently own 4 tanks: a 20gal fancy goldfish tank which contains my oranda Leon and my black moor Antoine, the 40gal future goldfish home (currently cycling), a 5gal future dwarf crayfish home (also currently cycling) and an empty 13gal which is supposed to be the future home of a single male betta and some peaceful bottom feeding tankmates. My family also owns a nano dwarf puffer tank and a 30gal tropical community tank.

Hope I'll learn a lot here!

2. LucyModeratorModerator Member

:) Welcome to FishLore!

3. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

welcome to the forum. you are right it is a great place.

4. ReefdwellerValued MemberMember

Hey there and welcome! :;toast

5. ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Welcome Mari!!!

Glad to have you here and hope to hear more about your tanks!

6. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Thank you all! I'll definitely be posting updates while working on all my new tanks. :)

7. oscardudeValued MemberMember

Welcome and we love pictures

8. AvaValued MemberMember

Welcome to FishLore! Happy to have you with us here. You'll find that you will end up with more information (and tanks) than you'll know what to do with. But it seems like you're off to a good start on your MTS (multiple tank syndrome) already. BTW, these updates will include pics...right?:;rules

9. MarijkeNew MemberMember

What the goldfish and their tank currently look like. The goldfish are finally feeling better (they battled various diseases since I got them from the LFS), so I'm now trying to work on getting the black moor to gain a few grams, he's rather skinny.
    barebottomklein.jpg
    Leonklein.jpg
    Antoine1klein.jpg
    And yes, I love photography so those updates will definitely be photo updates! ;)

10. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Welcome! Glad to see you finally made your way over here!

11. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Hi! Yes, it was quite a hassle but I think it'll be worth it :p

12. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Welcome to FishLore! :;toast I had a friend in high school named Marijke, I guess now I know where her name came from :) Glad you found us, and I love the pictures! It's always fun when people join and seem to have a great understanding of fishkeeping :) Glad to have you with us!

13. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

14. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Yep, Marijke is a Dutch name :) people from outside Europe seem to sometimes have trouble understanding the letter 'ij' though, so I usually go by Mari on foreign forums.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

15. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

She told us that it's pronounced "mah-RYE-ka;" is that correct or did she English-isize it for us? ;)

16. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Nope, that's how you pronounce it :D I just checked on Google Translate, if you set the language to Dutch and press Listen it'll pronounce it correctly but with the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

17. EthanWell Known MemberMember

be careful looking at what all the others have and actually having knowledge of stocking and such you will get sucked in to multiple tanks faster than you can blink an eye and you will love it haha Welcome :)

18. MarijkeNew MemberMember

I'm already dealing with tanks that seem to spawn bigger versions of themselves! This whole thing started with the 5gal, and look where I am now. Considering to move my TV out of my room so I can fit another aquarium in there.
    Hope my MTS doesn't get even worse from being here :p
    Thank you!

19. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

oh it will most likely get much worse, lol. i am already wanting to set-up a 4th tank right now, lol.

20. MarijkeNew MemberMember

Same here, the 4th one will start cycling soon. I'm afraid it's the last one though, because I've run out of room :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice