Hello from Texas!

Tiramine

Hi everyone! New fish tank owner here. Fond memories of the neons and guppies I had as an 8 year old led me to get back into the hobby. Needless to say, 8 year old me had a lot of misconceptions about fishkeeping and I've learned so much valuable info about how fish live and thrive (i.e. the nitrogen cycle). And I'm looking forward to chatting with you all y'all and learning much, much more! So, howdy from TX!

mimo91088

Welcome aboard!

Sb092

Hi everyone! New fish tank owner here. Fond memories of the neons and guppies I had as an 8 year old led me to get back into the hobby. Needless to say, 8 year old me had a lot of misconceptions about fishkeeping and I've learned so much valuable info about how fish live and thrive (i.e. the nitrogen cycle). And I'm looking forward to chatting with you all y'all and learning much, much more! So, howdy from TX!
Hola fellow Texan! Welcome to the forum. There is lots if information and support here. How many gallons are you thinking if doing?

Sofiafish17

Hiya from New York. We have members here from all over the world! Welcome to Fishlore! What kind of tanks do you have right now? I would love to see some pictures!

Flyfisha

Gid day from Australia mate.

GuppyOverlord11

Welcome!

Tiramine

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Here's a pic of my tank. It's a 29G TopFin Starter Kit from PetSmart with artificial decorations for now, but as an avid gardener I'm hoping to try some live plants soon....

Current residents are a gold inca snail, a gold zebra loach, a red dalmation platy, and four ember tetras (a fifth ember was my lone casualty during the acclimating process). The tank has been going for two weeks now and the little fellas are looking energetic and happy!

Attachments

• IMG_8768.JPG
    IMG_8768.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 19

alven

Welcome!

I'm in Texas as well. =)

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore Tex

JettsPapa

Hola fellow Texan! Welcome to the forum. There is lots if information and support here. How many gallons are you thinking if doing?

Welcome!

I'm in Texas as well. =)

I'm another one. Always glad to see a fellow Texan here. Maybe we'll eventually have one close to me.

Sb092

Here's a pic of my tank. It's a 29G TopFin Starter Kit from PetSmart with artificial decorations for now, but as an avid gardener I'm hoping to try some live plants soon....

Current residents are a gold inca snail, a gold zebra loach, a red dalmation platy, and four ember tetras (a fifth ember was my lone casualty during the acclimating process). The tank has been going for two weeks now and the little fellas are looking energetic and happy!

Ha! I have the same decor i have recently started adding live plants. My snail was on some of the leaves, after he left I noticed the leaves looked like the color had been scraped away. I felt bad, thinking he tried to eat the leaves.... don’t want him sick with synthetic stuff. Your tank looks great!!!!

Attachments

• 86380BC3-0D7A-40A3-9BE5-B9D2D12C885C.jpeg
    86380BC3-0D7A-40A3-9BE5-B9D2D12C885C.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 15

Tiramine

I'm another one. Always glad to see a fellow Texan here. Maybe we'll eventually have one close to me.

Hey, I'm in Montgomery County, so not too far from you!

Ha! I have the same decor i have recently started adding live plants. My snail was on some of the leaves, after he left I noticed the leaves looked like the color had been scraped away. I felt bad, thinking he tried to eat the leaves.... don’t want him sick with synthetic stuff. Your tank looks great!!!!

That white sand is super classy. I love how natural your tank looks. I'll keep an eye out for any evidence plastic-eating behavior in my snail....that can't be good for him.

JettsPapa

You'll like live plants. I know I do. The only man-made objects in my tanks is the mechanical stuff (heaters, filters, etc).

That is pretty close. I'm guessing you've been to the Fish Gallery in the Woodlands a time or two? If not, you should give it a try.

ferg42995

Welcome! I'm not too far from you either -- Fort Bend County.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FreshwaterCole
Replies
Views
NinaMarina
Replies
Views
crezguy
Replies
Views