Hello from NYC!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by midthought, Mar 14, 2010.

1. midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new at this fishkeeping business, but like others, I've caught the bug.

I currently have a small (2.5g) cycled tank with a very happy male betta, and I'm working on putting together a betta sorority for 5-6 females and 6 panda corys in a 29g tank that's currently cycling. I live in Astoria and go to school in downtown Brooklyn, so I live and work by at least 3 different outer borough Petland-type stores, although my favorite NYC fish stores are Pacific on the Lower East Side and New World Aquarium on 38th.

Anyway, I thought I would say hello. I went and registered at various board a few weeks back but never posted anywhere (although I made my first posts at Aquamaniacs this weekend). And if anyone has any recommendations of more NYC fish haunts (if I may so coin the term), I'd love to hear about them!

Attached are some pics of my betta, Gamma.

Attached Files:

2. bubblynutter

bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!
    Gamma is beautiful... Sounds like you have caught the Betta Bug!

You'll find some great information on Fishlore, and make some great friends...

3. Charlemagne

CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Hi, and welcome! I love your betta. He's beautiful. I love bettas, they are all so pretty and have such distinct personalities. I really enjoy fishlore. it's a great place for fish nuts! lol

4. Hi and welcome........:sign0016:

5. OP
    OP
    midthought

midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Thank you, thank you! I have definitely caught the betta bug, and I'm glad to have found such an active forum! Although I should really be writing a paper now instead of taking pictures of my filter box for random people on the internet... >.>

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Welcome to Fishlore! You have a beautiful betta.

7. shellbell4ever

shellbell4everWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore :) Beautiful Betta you have there :)