Hello from Eastern Ontario!

elBez

Hey all,

Our five year old kept asking about a pet, and so we relented and got "the family" an aquarium. I had one packed with goldfish when I was a kid 25 years ago, and boy, have things changed! Currently almost done cycling a 20 gallon tank and looking to add more happy plants, kuhli loaches and tetras. Been through loads of ups and downs, but happy that we've gotten into such a rewarding hobby!

MyFishAddiction

Welcome!

betta06

welcome to fishlore!

barbiespoodle

WELCOME!!!! You have come to a great place for info and support.

Oh boy are you ever right in how things have changed, but tor the better. And this is coming from an old lady who has been doing this for over 50 years.

20 gallons is a nice size tank to start with, I have 3, 2 highs and 1 long.

Looks like you are doing it right with the cycling and all that. And your choice of fish will make a lovely tank.

Also loving your plans with adding plants. After all these years, I have only recently discovered planted tanks and am kicking myself for all the wasted years of plastic, it's all real for me from now on. Not only do I love the look better, but the fish and other aquatic life are so much happier and my tanks are so much healthier.

Keep us up on your updates, looking forward to pics.

Side note. Depending on the tetras you choose, look into shrimp. I'm a bit of a shrimpaholic, have them in 4 of my tanks, so had to throw that in, lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WateryDreams
Replies
Views
DeeDackelsArt
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Replies
Views