Hello From A Betta Lover

myrats
Not super new to fish keeping. Though I've joined several groups on facebook that have helped me better care for my fish. Mainly owned goldfish growing up, had an oscar (he out grew my tank so he lives in my dads 200 gal), and a handful of bettas over the years. Currently I own 8 bettas (3 males and 5 females) and two cory cats.
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2146.JPG
IMG_2148.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
19577175_684362581754186_553550479516799559_o.jpg

Ok let me go in picture order (hopefully this works ):

First picture: Ruby she was labeled veil tail
Second picture: Sapphire the blue veil tail whose diving down, Ariel blue crown tail with a black head and Princess Peach is a veil tail
Third picture: Azul a very light blue halmoon
Fourth picture: Castiel a teal blue halfmoon
Fifth picture: Holmes a grey king betta (his fins have blue and yellow in them)
Sixth picture: Aragorn he is our newest betta (only had him two days) hes got a bunch of fin issues that I'm working on helping

All of the girls (pictures one-three) share a 30 gallon sorority tank, Cas and Holmes share a split 10 gallon ( soon to be a 30) and Aragorn (til hes well enough to join cas and holmes in a split tank) is in a 2.5 gal. Everyone eats a omega one pellets and frozen, I mix it up for them. One day they get pellets and the next day they get frozen. All there tanks are heated and filtered as well.

Floundering_Around
Welcome, some lovely bettas you have there!

KinsKicks
Hello and welcome!

Not to be an annoying stickler, but you have 2 Corycats? Are U able to comfortably fit another 4 at least to have a school for them?

TexasDomer
Welcome to Fishlore!

Beautiful bettas! They look very happy

On a side note, cories really should be in larger groups (6+) to prevent stress and disease. What species do you have? I would either rehome them or get a few more

myrats
myrats
Hello and welcome!

Not to be an annoying stickler, but you have 2 Corycats? Are U able to comfortably fit another 4 at least to have a school for them?

Welcome to Fishlore!

Beautiful bettas! They look very happy

On a side note, cories really should be in larger groups (6+) to prevent stress and disease. What species do you have? I would either rehome them or get a few more

Thank you , most of my bettas were fin torn and on there last legs when I got them. Though my king was fit as a fiddle and mismarked a koi betta when I got him. I have salt and pepper corys, I've been hunting for more but whenever I'm at petsmart (my local store) they either don't have salt and peppers or they are sickly. No one has ever told me I needed more, its just hard to find the two. So I thank you both for bringing that to my attention . Is it ok to mix similar cory species?

TexasDomer
Cories really should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species. However, the cories you have aren't temp compatible with bettas. I would swap them out for a species that is (like bronze, emerald, or SterbaI cories) and get 6-8 of one of those species if you want to keep them with the sorority.

In case you didn't know as well, they are mostly carnivorous and should be fed a carnivorous pellet (like shrimp pellets), not algae wafers.

BeanFish
Hello and welcome!

Stocking police alert lol! (jk)

myrats
Cories really should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species. However, the cories you have aren't temp compatible with bettas. I would swap them out for a species that is (like bronze, emerald, or SterbaI cories) and get 6-8 of one of those species if you want to keep them with the sorority.

In case you didn't know as well, they are mostly carnivorous and should be fed a carnivorous pellet (like shrimp pellets), not algae wafers.

They get a frozen carnivore formula some days and other days omega one pellets . My local pet store doesn't carry either of those species, that I have seen any way. The sorority I keep at the bare minimum, for me, at 74.

BeanFish
Salt and pepper (Corydoras Habrosus) or Peppered corydoras (Corydoras Paleatus)? You could make a case for Corydoras Habrosus being temperature compatible as long as you leave the temp in the 24-25 Celsius range but Corydoras Paleatus is definitely not temp compatible. You can probably find Corydoras Habrosus online.

KinsKicks
Stocking police alert lol! (jk)

Oh geez, not even. I still bow to TexasDomer. I'm more like the stocking intern whom was given a paper clip rather than a taser

TexasDomer
74 F is too low for bettas. I would increase it to 78 F at the minimum, and that's too high for those cories. Keeping fish at inappropriate temps can shorten their lifespans.

myrats
My grandma has a twenty gal with a pair of green cories. She had four but with her move and everything they died. I'm worried to add my two in her tank (obviously I need her permission first). She's got 4 Guppies, three dwarf frogs, 4 loaches, the two cories and 4 neons. So I don't want to overload her tank

Anders247
Welcome to fishlore!

Fierce Betta
Welcome! I'm new to here too! Nice to meet a fellow betta keeper.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
myrats
Replies
Views
TheFishFella
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views