Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Hello! Fishmom New To Fishlore!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by PShen, Apr 19, 2019.

1. PShenNew MemberMember

Greetings all. Super thrilled to have finally joined this site. I've used it over many years, been keeping fish for about 6 years, and it's always been so helpful that I finally decided to join. Thank you!

About me & my kids with fins..
    I have:

One 10 gal with my pet Boba, a flame red dwarf gourami, who lives in his little paradise with 3 amano shrimps and some snails. Boba is the puppy I never had and loves to greet me every day with his hungry little self. I have to admit, he is a very LOUD eater, which can be somewhat embarrassing to guests.. but it's just part of his gregarious personality and I love him more for it. :)

One 10 gal that is home to 4 cory cats, and a clown pleco. This tank is reserved for my furbaby, a mixed breed Siamese, who loves to sit and watch her catfish TV for hours on end. I don't know why.. but none of the other tanks seem to amuse her much.. except for the one with the CATfish in it.. Go figure!

One 20 gal tall, this is home to my new breeding pair, Jay & Bey, two beautiful Zebra Angelfish I've had a little over 3 months now. I actually inherited three new Zebras from a friend that was moving and could not take all her fish with her. She gave me 3... and I soon discovered about 1 week after adopting them, that I did not have 3 females which she thought she gave to me, but two females and a male. Well this pair QUICKLY bonded, like in a week, and now I have Jay & Bey, and 9 babies that survived a rather unexpected breeding event. I am now quickly learning how to manage a breeding pair.. and I suspect this site will help me immensely while moving forward.

My last tank, is another 20 gal tall, where I keep my other lone female Zebra Angelfish, Cher. This was an unexpected move as well. I had planned on keeping all three angels in one 20 gal tall until I could upgrade to a 38 gal I was thinking about, but soon after my breeding pair was formed, the two angels were relentless in their attacks against my other female. I threw up a divider and purchased another 20 gal tall very quickly, got it cycled and now Cher resides in a less dangerous environment. I plan to add tank mates with Cher very soon, but not until I see she is more comfortable in her new tank environment. Also, all of my tanks are planted as I am a total phytophiliac..

I have to admit, the moving around of fish that are more mature like my angels (already about a year old when I got them) is not something I would advise anyone here on out. I can tell their stress levels by how they hide from me when I approach their tank, how their stripes pale in times of stress or fear, etc. It's all been rather stressful for myself as well. :( BUT, with every day, things seem to be acclimating better and everyone is becoming more and more comfortable in their new environments..... Except for Boba, my dwarf gourami... nothing ever fazes him... he is always just perfect. :p

Any way, thanks for reading all and Hello to everyone! Happy Fish, Happy Life!

PShen

Gourami.jpg
    Shrimps.jpg
    Angels.JPG
    catfish.jpg

2. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Welcome to fishlore!!! Glad to meet you!!!

3. BaerBonesBarberValued MemberMember

I love your dog, seems they are also a big fan of the hobby! Welcome aboard!!

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

That appears to be a cat.

5. PShenNew MemberMember

Thank you all! hahaha, yes that's my kitty--but she does eat like a dog! LOL ;):p:p:D

6. SamanthaljayValued MemberMember

Your gourami is gorgeous!

7. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Greetings and welcome to Fishlore :)

Nice photos.

8. PShenNew MemberMember

Thank you so much! :)

9. PShenNew MemberMember

Thank you! :shame:

10. BaerBonesBarberValued MemberMember

OMG hahaha!! I'm so sorry I swear my eyes saw a large Shiba or Akita from behind.. the depth and shadowing threw me off hahahaha!!!