Hello everyone

memery

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just got my first aquarium for christmas and set it up in January and having lots of fun learning how to keep my fish healthy and great....lots of info on here

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi and welcome to fishlore

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FissLore

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

jri4

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi! give us some info on the tank and its content ;D...............

memery

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon tank and think I already need a bigger one because I want one of everything at the store, in my tank I have a pink gourami kissing fish, 2 albino barbs and 2 danios and and algae eater

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yup, you'll definitely need a much larger tank. Kissing gouramis can get up to a foot long.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi memery, it's neville, welcome to fishlore

before u buy a fish u should study a lot on that fish. don't just go to the fishstore and buy fish, it may put u in trouble, like kissing gouramis can become very irritating sometimes, they will harrass other fish constantly if not given enough space. barbs r also fin nippers, u have to keep at least 6 of them in a tank.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! I agree on doing your homework on the fish you want before buying them. Not only can a lot of fish get too big for your tank, but they may not get along with the other inhabitants. But don't worry about your fish that you have. You've just found yourself an excuse to get a bigger tank! ;D

jri4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice tank, one that is at its limit, but barely (if any) exceeding. You'd do well keeping what you've got, or getting a second (and Bigger) tank.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
welcome to fishlore! it happens to us all...multiple tank syndrome! i got it quite early! not long after i got my 15 gal did i realise that you cant put many fish in it, so i got more tanks! you've learned a valuble lesson though.....research, research, research. AND.....dont always believe the lfs! they'll tell you anything to get a sale.dont get me wrong, there are a few good ones, but they are the minority. so do you own research first rather than go along with what the lfs say when you get there! also danios are schooling fish and like to be in groups of at least 5 or so and love to chase each other. they are good dither fish as they're confidence brings confidence to the other fish in the tank. however, as your tank is kinda full getting more danios may cause more harm than good. just bear in mind next time!!!...when you getyour next tank you can get your danios some friends!!
any questions, do ask! we are here to help!
tan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom