Hello everyone.

Lovemyfrogsandsnails
Hello everyone! Well I guess I'm a newbie since the last aquarium I had was over 20 yrs ago. I have African Dwarf frogs & got a mystery snail because my son liked them. Well 6 frogs & 1 snail turned into 4 snails & hopefully 5 if I can find purple. I can sit there for hours watching the frogs & snails. They relax me & make me crack up at the same time. I will definitely be back on with questions hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I do want to leave a pic of a critter in my snail & guppy tank though because it kinda worries me. Gotta go my frogs are hungry.

Betta'sAnonymous
Welcome! Not so great on IDing such critters myself, but there definitely are some who are! StarGirl

darkcat
Welcome to fishlore!!

babyfish
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you'll love it here :)

StarGirl
Hello! Welcome to Fishlore!

I cant really tell from the pic they are so far away. Can you maybe get some closer ones? A couple are worms...lol

Seamus111
.One looks like a Hydra...... but hard to tell.
OOps........ Welcome to the forum!

JLAquatics
Welcome to the family!

Lovemyfrogsandsnails
Thanks for replying.. This is as close as I can get for that 1. Here are 2 more little gross things I found. I thought I just had pond snails that snuk in on a plant so this is freaking me out. My snails are my babies too. They are getting so big I don't want worms or creepy critters getting them.

betta06
welcome to fishlore!

JLAquatics
Lovemyfrogsandsnails said:
Thanks for replying.. This is as close as I can get for that 1. Here are 2 more little gross things I found. I thought I just had pond snails that snuk in on a plant so this is freaking me out. My snails are my babies too. They are getting so big I don't want worms or creepy critters getting them.
It it likely that these small critters were always present in your aquarium and you just now noticed them. Are your fish acting strange at all recently? If not, then they are most likely harmless microorganisms (most likely insects and gastropods) that live in your water.

The vast majority do not harm fish and are present in all aquaria. They can consist of these things;
Limpets, or small snails
Worms such as Detritus Worms
Ostracods, Copepods and Seed Shrimp
Here are some that could be troublesome if you have them;
Hydra
Planaria Flatworms

If you see plenty of these little guys it may mean you are feeding too much to your fish. Lessening the amount of food given should reduce their populations to more manageable levels. A question for you since the pictures are slightly blurry is, How do these things look and move in the water?

Lovemyfrogsandsnails
Honestly I thought they were the pesky pond snails that invaded my tank & then I noticed they were skinny. I get at least 20-30 snails out a day. I was gonna swap my frogs & guppies tanks so I could have frogs & mystery snails together but now I'm afraid to. Snails had a clutch of eggs that I put in frog tank until I can figure out how to get rid of the pests.
Oh my! I'm a new mom! My goodness I wasn't expecting this many babies!

HupGuppHup
Lovemyfrogsandsnails said:
Hello everyone! Well I guess I'm a newbie since the last aquarium I had was over 20 yrs ago.
Same! Started up a few months ago after a 20 yr break. We did ADFs 20 yrs ago - doing guppies this time around. Welcome!

R3licx
Welcome to Fishlore !

Top Bottom