Hello Everyone!

EllsAquarium

Hello all! I recently joined Fishlore and have had so much fun checking out every ones tanks and reading about how to become a real hobbyist.
I’ve had my main tank for almost 2 years. Only recently did I find out you can have a planted tank! So I completely redid my tank with the natural look.
My main tank has danios, a snail, some corycats and 2 African dwarf frogs. I’ve been very lucky and successful with my fishkeeping so far despite the fact I’ve never tested my water until this week after reading the forum. Low and behold parameters were fine (remember how I said I was lucky earlier?) and my ph was just a little on the high side.
We also have several Bettas enjoying life in planted tanks as well. Full on obsessed with my aquariums! I’m glad to know it can be totally normal to pull up a chair, kick up my feet with a glass of wine and watch my tanks for hours! My husband will be glad to know I’m not crazy after all ;-)
Thanks to everyone for their experiences.
Lisa

Attachments

• 29007CAE-1097-4919-BAD7-8DC7655BA30E.jpeg
    29007CAE-1097-4919-BAD7-8DC7655BA30E.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DBAC6BA3-E23E-461C-9908-AEF3702F70D8.jpeg
    DBAC6BA3-E23E-461C-9908-AEF3702F70D8.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 22

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore and Wow you have some great tanks!

Bettybrown922

Hello all! I recently joined Fishlore and have had so much fun checking out every ones tanks and reading about how to become a real hobbyist.
I’ve had my main tank for almost 2 years. Only recently did I find out you can have a planted tank! So I completely redid my tank with the natural look.
My main tank has danios, a snail, some corycats and 2 African dwarf frogs. I’ve been very lucky and successful with my fishkeeping so far despite the fact I’ve never tested my water until this week after reading the forum. Low and behold parameters were fine (remember how I said I was lucky earlier?) and my ph was just a little on the high side.
We also have several Bettas enjoying life in planted tanks as well. Full on obsessed with my aquariums! I’m glad to know it can be totally normal to pull up a chair, kick up my feet with a glass of wine and watch my tanks for hours! My husband will be glad to know I’m not crazy after all ;-)
Thanks to everyone for their experiences.
Lisa
Hello and welcome!! I think that's awesome that you're tank is in great shape! I think that proves what the author of stresses time and time again - having clean water, meaning low bacterial counts in the water column, is far, far more important than water parameters. And water changes aren't the answer, over filtration is. You must have very well filtered tanks! If you enjoy reading about aquarium stuff, you should check out that site, it's really helped me understand the hobby without overwhelming me. Gorgeous fish btw

aoiumi

Hello! I hope you learn many new things from this forum. (And don't get too overwhelmed, like I did.)

AquaBaby

Hello and Welcome!!

I can't say it's completely normal to prop up your feet and watch your aquarium for hours, or that you're not crazy for doing it... But around here you're in good company!!!

You did a beautiful job on the natural look. Very pleasing to the eye. What type of wood is that? Mopani?

EllsAquarium

Hello and Welcome!!

I can't say it's completely normal to prop up your feet and watch your aquarium for hours, or that you're not crazy for doing it... But around here you're in good company!!!

You did a beautiful job on the natural look. Very pleasing to the eye. What type of wood is that? Mopani?

Yes Mopani!
And thanks for the laugh! Everyone has been very welcoming.

Mhamilton0911

Hello! You mentioned on another's thread that you're SE Washington, would it happen to be LC area? You don't have to answer, but it's nice to find local contacts

I usually have plants for sale on CL, but just fish on there right now.

EllsAquarium

I live in Benton County

Mhamilton0911

Close, but still a ways away

I'm close to the Clarkston/Lewiston area. I grew up between Spokane and the LC valley area.

Being where you are must have better access to a good LFS? We only have one, Bob's, and then Petco. It's really limiting down here. I wish we had more stores. I find myself buying a lot online.

Similar Aquarium Threads

50 Gallon Tank Hello Everyone!!
Replies
Views
MMac
10 Gallon Tank Hello Fellow Fishkeepers!
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
Replies
Views
HupGuppHup