Hello Everyone

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am new at this fishy fun.  I have a new tank that has just finished cycling. It is only a ten gallon, but I intend to add another tank later.  I am an educational assistant at the local high school in the life skills classroom.  My fish tank currently has 10 fish in it, 5 danios, 4 platies, and a cory catfish.  I had a betta in it but the danios thought his fins were fun to nip so I removed him and he is currently in a one gallon jar, with 3 quarts of water in it.  I am going to put the danios in a different tank as soon as I can so my betta can have the bigger tank.  I also have another betta in another gallon jar with the same amount of water in it.  I am going to get him a bigger tank as soon as I can.  I have some questions, but will post them on the appropriate sites.  I have read some of the posts here and it seems that there are quite a few people that give good advice.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore and I agree with you,this has many people that give good advice. That is the first thing I noticed when I joined. Zebra Danios need more space than a 10 gallon and corys need to be in groups of at least 3.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I am going to need a bigger tank. What size tank do danios need? I will get more corys too. I didn't know they needed to be in groups. Soon I will have at least three tanks by the sounds of it. Why didn't they tell me at the pet store that I needed a bigger tank for my danios? They are even the ones I bought the tank from!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!!
Carol

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cherryrose said:
Thanks for the welcome.  I guess I am going to need a bigger tank.  What size tank do danios need?  I will get more corys too.  I didn't know they needed to be in groups.  Soon I will have at least three tanks by the sounds of it. Why didn't they tell me at the pet store that I needed a bigger tank for my danios?  They are even the ones I bought the tank from!
You should get at least a 5 gallon aquarium for the betta and at least a 15 gallon aquarium for the danios and corys and platies. Most pet stores arn't that great. Most just want money, but there are a few really good and informative pet stores. Those are the ones to look for.

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore you came to the right place for good advice.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi Cherryrose It's good to have you with us! Welcome to Fish Lore!

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am also new, been on here for about two weeks. It is a fab site.

I had goldfish in past from big pet store, also only in it for money! Have now found a small one, all are fish owners and they really care, so supportive and encouraging, makes a HUGE difference.

My tank cycling and pretty much ready ( have seen the next tank i want already!) Wish me luck!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good luck and Welcome to Both of you. It is so nice to meet new members and we hope you will be with us for a long time. I have met cherryrose already but it is nice to be able to give you both a formal hello.

Please feel free to browse, or comment or question and get to know us and our fish and let us get to know you and yours. We have people of all ages and experience with fish or pets of all sorts from countries all around the world represented here and it is a wonderful group. I hope you both enjoy it here as much as I have.

Rose
(Chickadee)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom