Hello Everyone

BettaWatch

Reaction score
Hope you are all doing well during these trying times. I'm a new Betta owner, and I've just successfully bred my Bettas today! Eggs are in the bubbles, females out, I think the male might be eating them but that was my fault for not feeding him beforehand. Hopefully he will spare a few for me. I'm extremely fascinated by these fish. They are truly interesting. I'm happy to find this community and look forward to getting to know you all while sharing our experiences and knowledge. I've attached a photo of my male and female bringing eggs to the nest. Take care!

Attachments

MsFancyFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BettaWatch said:
Hope you are all doing well during these trying times. I'm a new Betta owner, and I've just successfully bred my Bettas today! Eggs are in the bubbles, females out, I think the male might be eating them but that was my fault for not feeding him beforehand. Hopefully he will spare a few for me. I'm extremely fascinated by these fish. They are truly interesting. I'm happy to find this community and look forward to getting to know you all while sharing our experiences and knowledge. I've attached a photo of my male and female bringing eggs to the nest. Take care!
Hi! Welcome! I’m newish here too... your Beta Babies are so adorable and their babies will be too I’m sure. I ❤ Betas also they are such interesting and sweet fishes, well not to each other really but to us they are! (We personally have 9 of them... all males in separate tanks.) Good Luck with the little ones!!

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
BettaWatch said:
Are you sure he's eating them, or is he just taking the eggs that fall from the nest in his mouth and placing them back?

OP
B

BettaWatch

Reaction score
QCAquaholic said:
Are you sure he's eating them, or is he just taking the eggs that fall from the nest in his mouth and placing them back?
I watched him for a while and did see him moving them around, but there were some he would take in his mouth then swim off and never replace them But he is being a good dad as of right now. Scooping up the ones that are falling and putting them back in the nest. So I'm going to leave him in and monitor every so often today.

New Threads