Hello, everyone

Thomasstanford

Reaction score
: My name is Thomas and I really enjoy my guppies. I am needing some help. I have read all sorts of articles on Guppy breeding and I still can't get live babies. My tank is a 10 gallon and I currently have around 5 males and 7 females. The females are getting bred, but when they have the fry they all die as they come out. Please someone help.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore Thomas Perhaps someone experienced with breeding Guppies will be able to help you in the Breeding board.

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome .

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello Thomasstanford! I love guppies too! Do you have enough time and room for the frys? Did you separate them? What was the water quality? Did you notice anything unusual about them? The babies don't swim right away when they come out. They just drop to the floor and start swimming about few hours later.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello and Welcome to fishLore!! Thomas actually your tank is a little over stocked. When breeding Guppys or any livebearer a trio( 1 male 2 female) is the best way go. Fry are very sensitive to water parameters( ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates) and this could be the problem due to the over crowding.
Stradius011 - actually guppy fry (and most livebearers fry) are self sufficient and free swimming immediately after birth
Carol

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh...

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard..

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! You have picked a great place to get involved in the hobby!

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome I am sure you will attain the knowledge you need here

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom