Hello Everyone

Platylover

Hello and welcome to fishlore! Glad your here! Your tanks sound neat, I’ve always wanted one of colour variants of a bristle nose and love the reds.

Dawn Michele

Hello. Nice to meet you Platylover. I posted a video of the Oscar tank on freshwater video's. I will do one on my 55 that I am working on.

Here's a picture of the Super Red Bristlenose Pleco.

Hwq5i3F.jpg

Platylover

He’s really pretty, much redder than the typical BN(which would make sense, considering their name and all)! Do you mind me asking where you got him? Just curious as I’ve been thinking about getting a red or green for one of my tanks.

Dawn Michele

He’s really pretty, much redder than the typical BN(which would make sense, considering their name and all)! Do you mind me asking where you got him? Just curious as I’ve been thinking about getting a red or green for one of my tanks.

I got him form Ebay from a place called Wet Spot Fish. They have so many cool fish!!! I got him last December and he is doing great!!! He was only about an 1.5 long. I have never seen a green one. They must be pretty.

Platylover

I think I’ve actually bought from them via their website a few months ago! They really have a remarkable array of fish and an really jealous of anyone who lives near their store(if it’s the same place that I’m thinking of, Wetspottropicalfish)... lol The greens are really neat, they’re called green dragons, but the reds are awesome as well.

Dawn Michele

I think I’ve actually bought from them via their website a few months ago! They really have a remarkable array of fish and an really jealous of anyone who lives near their store(if it’s the same place that I’m thinking of, Wetspottropicalfish)... lol The greens are really neat, they’re called green dragons, but the reds are awesome as well.

That's the place. I would be soooo poor if I lived by that fish store!!! LOL!!! IM going to look up the Green Dragon's.

Cherie G

HI Dawn,
Welcome! Thanks for sharing the picture, I love plecos but have never seen a red one before. Very neat looking fish. I have seen posts from other members mentioning getting fish from the wet spot. I'll have to check them out.

Dawn Michele

HI Dawn,
Welcome! Thanks for sharing the picture, I love plecos but have never seen a red one before. Very neat looking fish. I have seen posts from other members mentioning getting fish from the wet spot. I'll have to check them out.

HI Cherie. Definitely go check them out!!! You will LOVE there fish!!!

Platylover

Yes, definitely agree with Dawn! I got around 20 fish and only one was DOA, which is pretty awesome compared to my horrible experience with an eBay seller(3 out of 8 survived and with zero refund, which they had promised). They also include a little peace of polyfilter to help with any toxins. Super fast and very nice to work with. 10/10 for me.

Cherie G

Good to know.
Sorry for your bad experience with the other seller, that stinks! :stinkyfeet: Nice to know there are some really good ones out there.

I'm lucky to have a really great LFS locally but always good to have another alternative and have been afraid to buy on line before. I think I will give them a try. Thanks for the info!

Jocelyn Adelman

HI dawn, and welcome
Great place with lots of warm people and wonderful advice!
Can't wait to see those tank pics!

Dawn Michele

Hello Jocelyn. Nice to meet you. Its great here!!! IM so glad I joined!!! I posted my tank's in the Freshwater video section if you would like to look at them.

Good to know.
Sorry for your bad experience with the other seller, that stinks! :stinkyfeet: Nice to know there are some really good ones out there.

I'm lucky to have a really great LFS locally but always good to have another alternative and have been afraid to buy on line before. I think I will give them a try. Thanks for the info!
Let me know if you buy any fish!!!

Jocelyn Adelman

Will head there later tonight to check them out

Dawn Michele

Will head there later tonight to check them out
HI Jocelyn. Let me know what you think please.

Random Great Thread!

Saltwater aquarium start-up series:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom