Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Tianda, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Hello dear fellow fish lovers! I would like to introduce myself being a new member of this forum and all..

My name is Tianda, I'm 26 (aaaaalmost 27) years old and live in the beautiful Netherlands (Europe). I've been keeping fish for about 4 to 5 years now so I wanted to turn the hobby up a notch. I have recently started a new fish tank (twice as large as my 'old' one) and I want to expand my stock with some more 'advanced' fish. But before I do this I want to learn as much new stuff as I possibly can so that's why I joined!

I have a Juwel tank (32x16x16 (ish)) with a Oase BioPlus Thermo 200 internal filter and some nice Led lighting by Superfish.

My stock holds (left over from my old tank)
    3 Danio Rerio
    17 Cardinal Tetra
    1 Corydoras Aeneus (I know, lonely but he will move to my dad's tank)

I plan to add:
    3 Dwarf Gourami (1 male, 2 female)
    8 Corydoras Panda
    10 yellow shrimp
    And eventually maybe some Dario Dario

I hope all will go well!! And here's a picture of my 1 month old tank!

Attached Files:

2. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore. Any questions you have(no such thing as a stupid question) ask away. Your new tank is beautiful by the way.

3. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to fishlore Tianda!

Female dwarf gouramis can be hard to find. Honey gouramis are much more peaceful, I would recommend them instead but dwarf gouramis may work if you can find females.
    Cardinal tetras prefer warmer water to the danios and panda cories. Neon tetras would be more temperature compatible.
    The yellow shrimp would almost definitely get eaten unfortunately.

4. KimberlyG

KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore! You have a beautiful tank. Good luck. (Not such a good idea on the shrimp in this tank :( )

5. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore!

6. OP
    OP
    Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Thank you guys! Also, thanks for the tips! I bought 3 honey gourami's. The guy at the store told me that the color variations he had on the dwarf gourami were not very strong at the moment so he'd rather not sell them.. loved his honesty! So he caught me the most colorful honeygourami male I have ever seen! He is gorgeous.. but hiding right now so I hope I can snap him on camera:)

The danios and cardinals have been living together for almost 3 years now, not one of them has died and they are still growing, have nice color and show good appropriate behavior, so I am not too worried about the temperature. But thanks for the concern, I will definitely keep it in mind if problems do occur..

If I have more questions, I know where to find you!

7. OP
    OP
    Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Haha, ok I do have a quastion, which fish will eat the shrimp?

8. OP
    OP
    Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Wait I will find the right topic for this question! Sorry;)

9. Prism

PrismWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore, I hope you have a good time here, If you have any questions about your tank, just ask one of us, start a conversation? Or start a thread, if you are looking for more information by everyone, I would start a thread, but if you want to chat with a pacific person, and ask them questions. I would do a conversation, I hope you enjoy your time here at Fishlore. Best of luck, I have ran by a question of yours, is that will the fish bother the shrimp? I doubt in the size of your tank they will care about the shrimp. But that size of a tank, it looks a little empty of your stocking, but you can't have much with the DG's they are highly aggressive.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  10. jmaldo

jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

Welcome Welcome Welcome. Like your tank. only just begun (7 months). I've learned so much. I recently had a discussion with a member up in your area about a Dwarf Gourami. @oOturquoiseOo.
    :;bananawater

11. oOturquoiseOo

oOturquoiseOoWell Known MemberMember

Hi :) My gourami was a blue gourami. I think dg are very pretty but I don't have experience with them.

Good luck with your new tank. It looks great! I think honey gouramis are so pretty!

(I'm actually from Newfoundland, in Canada ;) )

12. OP
    OP
    Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Thank you! I am also still learning a lot! Joining this forum was a good idea!! I will check this out, thank you:)

13. OP
    OP
    Tianda

TiandaNew MemberMember

Haha, the other side of the Atlantic ;) thank you for taking the time to respond! I love blue gourami! My dad has some, they grow so big! (I always get over excited talking about fish :$)

14. oOturquoiseOo

oOturquoiseOoWell Known MemberMember

Haha! I get exactly the same! Stocking is so hard because I want them all!!

I have a 60 gallon tank and a 2 gallon jar and am planning a paludarium. So excited. Haha! The 60 is planned (a giant angelfish, 10 boesemani rainbow fish, 10 kuhli loaches, and a butterfly pleco. I have one loach and the angel right now. The jar will be shrimp but it's currently cycling/growing out plants. The paludarium is just a dream so far. It's going to be built in a 30 gallon rim less tank. When I get time... Haha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice