Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Crayzycray, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Crayzycray

CrayzycrayNew MemberMember

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community, but have been keeping fish for 22 years now (Started when i was 5 with a ten gallon community tank!) I have kept everything from guppies to discus to a saltwater reef aquarium, but really love keeping Crayfish. Their personalities are just the best and I could watch them for hours on end. I currently have one Crayfish tank with a Tangerine in it, as well as two 55 gallon Angelfish/tetra tanks. I am hoping I can convince my fiance to let me set up our spare room as a fish room and start to work with breeding guppies again. I had a great program when I was in college working with a line of pink guppies to extend tails on them. I'd love to start a project like that again!

We also have two bearded dragons, five dogs, a cat, three american paint horses, five miniature horses... and a donkey. haha. It would take some convincing for the fish room, I think... but I think I can get him to eventually come around. haha!

I am excited to be here to have a community to share my love of aquarium keeping with. I can't wait to dive into some topics and learn more!

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore, great pic of your cray in your avatar :)

3. NinjaTetra

NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Welcome! Good luck on getting a fish room!

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Nice to have you here! :D I'm BornThisWayBettas, Lady Gaga and betta super fan, but everyone just calls me BTWB. :) I do hope you enjoy it here! :D Very cool avatar and username! I'll admit that one day I'd like to venture into the world of crayfish myself, maybe you can help me if I ever do! :D

5. PuffPuff

PuffPuffWell Known MemberMember

Welcome, I once caught a crayfish from my near by lake, and I kept it for about 2 month. it was super aggressive so I had to return it back. but they are very interesting to observe

6. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :;betta2:;purplefish

7. Dadio

DadioWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to the hangout of pet human and their keepers. Great peeps, great info and a little drama on the good side. No matter the issue, never hesitate to speak out. Many will jump in as we've for the most part, been there, done it and still learning.

8. Akili

AkiliValued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore !!!

9. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Welcome! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore!

11. lily potter1223

lily potter1223Valued MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! :) I love your avatar!

12. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to the forum. Your house sounds like my idea of heaven, with all the critters. Hope you get your fish room. It would be a lot more fun than making it a guest bedroom. :p. Alison

13. Merri68

Merri68Valued MemberMember

Hiya! With all those pets, it should be easy enough to convince your fiancee to let you have that fish room. Just give him a tank of his own and pretty soon he'll be "hooked" too☺ Presto! Fish room!

Crayfish are cool. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums, Welcome!

14. OP
    OP
    Crayzycray

CrayzycrayNew MemberMember

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I love my girl, Flame. She is a character and a half and is always entertaining!

I have managed to convince him to allow me to convert the room into a "small" guppy/crayfish breeding room. Haha he turned around when I told him I already talked to the LFS and they wanted to buy the Orange Clarkii offspring from me. Yes!!!

Now I just need to decide on a strain or two of guppies as well! Woohoo!!!

15. MtnTiger

MtnTigerWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! Your home sounds like ours 35 years ago except we had two young boys at the time.

16. Flowingfins

FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to fishlore! Love your avatar:)

I have an APH also!