Hello Everyone

1. Aquatic_Aston Initiate Member

Hi Everyone

This is my first fish forum I have joined.

I am 13 years old and have been keeping freshwater tanks I have had my 29G/100L tank since December as my Dad bought me it as a Christmas present!

Since then I have bought a myself a little fish tank which I like to have smaller fish such as different types of Tetras in.

I am stil learning as I am still a school boy it takes me a while to save up for certain things so my tanks are far from finished.

Overtime I will make a thread about my tanks :)
    Hope to get to know you all very well.

Thanks for reading.
    Aston :) :;banaman

2. GemstonePony Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! I hope you enjoy visiting us and learning more about this addicting hobby! :)

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Great to have you with us!

4. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. Aquatic_Aston Initiate Member

Do you keep FW Or SW ?

Thanks Aston :)

6. Cathy B Initiate Member

Welcome! I'm new to the site and the hobby also. There's some great people here.:;hi1

7. Fall River Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore Aston

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Hello Aston and welcome to Fish lore! Glad to have you hear and hope you find all the information you need.

9. Borisbbadd Guest

:sign0016:

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

11. Aquatic_Aston Initiate Member

What do the stars mean on peoples profile? How do I earn some? I only have one!

12. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Aston, welcome to fishlore :;hi2

The stars relate to a how many posts a user has made: https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...1695-what-stars-signify-under-user-names.html

We also have a reputation system (https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/forum-announcements-suggestions/27066-reputation-system.html) that helps (particularly newer) members identify members that are known as giving good advice - a users reputation is signified by the green boxes under the stars. The more boxes, the higher the reputation in the fishlore community.

I would has it a guess that most users keep FW, some keep SW, and others keep both (we even have members that keep brackish)

If you click on a users name next to their post, most of us have completed our aquarium info, that details what we've got and what we keep.

I hope you enjoy the site.

13. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore! :sign0016:

14. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore.

:;hug2Welcome to Fishlore Aston. I hope you learn a lot here.

Wendy

15. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome Aston, always nice to have new members.

16. orandagal Member Member

Hi Aston and Welcome to the forum!
    I am also fairly new to the bigger aquariums myself (got my first 29 gallon in Jan.) but have had fish over the years (and made some mistakes). You will find very quickly this is a very addicting hobby but one that can bring you great joy. One thing I have learned on my journey is - read, read and read some more. You can't go wrong with reading about the things you love! This is a very imformative group of people who will help in any way they can. Please make sure to fill out your information so members can help you based on the info you give them, and we love pictures :D Wishing you the best on your new hobby!

17. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore :)

The stars represent post count.
    They will increase as you post.

Please do not post just to up your count.
    We frown upon that. :)

18. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I see a link has been provided explaining the Stars in post #12 above.

:animal0068:please note, do not post simply to boost your post count to gain more stars. This is highly frowned upon and may even lead to your account being banned from the site.

Continue to make helpful, informative posts and you'll acquire them as time goes by.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

19. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

20. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Welcome!!!!