Hello Everyone! New To The Hobby And Hoping To Stick Around For The Community!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Meldyran, Apr 18, 2019.

1. MeldyranValued MemberMember

hello everyone!

My name is Gabe, and I work as a 3D Artist for a game company. I have two coworkers who constantly talk about their tanks and their shrimp colonies, and with very little encouragement they convinced me to join the hobby. I am still very new to it and I have never really kept fish before, but I am trying my best and researching and enjoying the learning experience.

I really want to slowly build a thriving colony of shrimp! Fish are nice too! ;)

I also love plants and I would love to eventually have a huge tank that is beautifully landscaped! I’m an environment artists so landscapes are kinda my thing haha. Here is a link for anyone interested him my work, haha.

Looking forward to meeting you all and absorbing all your wisdom!

2. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Hello and welcome! After adding live plants I have my hands in my tank twice as often, trimming, reorganizing, and adding more. I would have your tank up and running for a few months with your plants before you add your shrimp since shrimp will eat the biofilm that grows inside your tank. Green plants with red cherry shrimp are great combo. Can’t wait to see what you create!

3. BruisesValued MemberMember

I just checked out your work, amazing!
    As for plants in a tank, I think youd do an awesome job, as you already know what looks good.
    There are plenty of topics on the forum to help you get a planted tank started before you add shrimp, so good luck!!
    Cant wait to see what you create :)

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!