Hello Everyone! A Few Details About The New Hampshire Aquarium Club

Joshaeus

Well Known
We are a small aquarium club that meets on the second Wednesday each month from September to June. As of this year (2019-2020) we are meeting at the Technical school at Somersworth High School in New Hampshire at 7 pm. Each meeting starts with a presentation, either by a club member or a visiting speaker, and we subsequently have a bowl show and an auction of aquarium supplies, plants, and fish brought in by hobbyists. We are primarily interested in freshwater but are happy to discuss saltwater topics.

We are interested in making our club more interesting to the general public. What are some subjects that you would like to be discussed at an aquarium club? How can we encourage more people to take an interest in aquariums? For more information on NHAS and how to become a member, please look at our website, NHAS - Home. Thank you for looking, and see you at the club soon! :)

TankGeek

Here are some topics that would interest me.

• Beautiful aquascaping for dummies / beginners
  • DIY / cheap alternatives to expensive aquarium products
  • Aquarium hacks for making fish keeping easier
  • The nitrogen cycle for beginners (to interest and inform newcomers to the hobby) and other water chemistry issues
  • Water quality testing how to and troubleshooting

OP
Joshaeus

Joshaeus

Well Known
TankGeek said:
Here are some topics that would interest me.

• Beautiful aquascaping for dummies / beginners
  • DIY / cheap alternatives to expensive aquarium products
  • Aquarium hacks for making fish keeping easier
  • The nitrogen cycle for beginners (to interest and inform newcomers to the hobby) and other water chemistry issues
  • Water quality testing how to and troubleshooting
Excellent ideas there! Do you think it would be helpful if I posted the title of the presentation a week before the society meeting?

TankGeek

Possibly. Would you be able to do podcasts or YouTube videos for those of us unable to attend? (I'm in Australia).

New Threads