Hello everybody

stevo165

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
HI there I'm new to the forum, my names stephen and I'm from New Zealand, iv been stalking around for awhile and been reading a lot of the forums, especally in the betta section.

well iv just finished setting up my tank and stocked it after what seemed like forever waiting for it to cycle >

I have previousley owned a 250l tropical freshwater tank along with several smaller tanks and now that I'm out flatting space is at a premium as I only have a small room lol, so I currently have a 25l tank that I have slightly over stocked with fish while I save up for a new tank. I'm currently doing 25% water changes every 2 days and am running extermely over the top gear to keep it all stable.

so my stock

I have
11 cardinal tetras,
2 female siamese fighting fish
1 male siamese fighting fish
and 1 borneo sucker

I'm running a aqua one aquarius 500 for filtration and a tomorrow I will be buying a 100W heater, lighting is provided by a aqua one sunlight PL 18w bullb and I am providing my fish with a diet of frozen blood worms, a high quality flake food (wardley) and sinking algae pellets (hikari).

well here are a couple of photographs....

(sorry the photos are not that great they were taken on my celllphone)

Attachments

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to fishlore!

stevo165 said:
so my stock

I have
11 cardinal tetras,
2 female siamese fighting fish
1 male siamese fighting fish
and 1 borneo sucker
:shock: Um, wow... in an 8 gallon tank?

stevo165

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yea, its a lot of labour to keep running I can tell you that but it keeps me out of trouble. and gives me a lot of motivation for a new tank lol

I will achually be starting the cycle on a new tank tomorrow and transfering some of the stock over

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to the Forum. Glad you stopped stalking and joined.

Hold on, gotta pick Meenu up off the floor..... you can see that you've shocked her with the species you've got in that tank. Hold on, let me fan her off..... is there a doctor in the house? :helpsmilie:

Okay..... um..... what size tank are you going to get.... and for the sake of your fish.... when?

I'm kind of surprised that your male betta is co-existing nicely with the females..... although I've had it happen before. Let's just say it's not the norm.

stevo165

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yes my male is cohabitating nicely with my females, if anything he is sulking more than going after the girls, and when he does the one that he goes after will head straight for the other and they gang up on him,

hopefully I will be able to setup a small 3Gal tomorrow and purchase another 8Gal

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fish Lore Stevo!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Love your tank! Nice job! Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the board

stevo165

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
thanks for the kind words aquarist48 and peacemaker92

FredBjammin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to fishlore! And Wow.... I just converted liters in to gallon, lol. I thought you meant a 25 gallon long tank at first and then I realised you have an overstocked 8 gallon with non-compatable fish.

Get those other tanks up and running.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome Stevo. I think we can all empathise with what it is like when our budgets make it hard to look after our fish the best possible way.

Hmm, just thinking about it. Maybe a 40 litre and divide it for your Bettas might be a way to solve your housing problems? Then you can run that tank with a single filter and heater rather than having to get more for a few more tanks.

shirlsnipes

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to the site very nice tank love the cardinal tetras there my fav

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to FL! The people on here are great they've helped me a lot, good luck.

dee34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hI and welcome to the forum

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads