hello and welcome all

1. FishFan Member Member

he-llo Everyone. I have years of cat experience and knowledge. It's Fish that is new to me and what brought me to FishLore. The wealth of information here is wonderful, as well as the members.  I also have 5 cats that range in age from 4 months to 18 years of age (in order of age-youngest to eldest: Ella, Grace, James, Gizzy and Pudge. My hopes for more than just the Fish catergories is to help expand our community here at FishLore and also to connect with fish lovers and all animal lovers in general...to create more connections with others.
    Enjoy Your Visit...and visit often!

2. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Re: Hello and Welcome All!

You're so lucky to have cats. My Mum's allergic to cats so I can't have any. Before anyone asks, yes, I'm half-Canadian ;) A neighbor of mine had a silver tabby named Smokey. He was the toughest little cat I've ever seen--he was an underfed, outdoor cat, and he lived to be 17 years old! He was also the sweetest little guy. I always fed him when the owners went on vacation, and he would come over to say hi whenever we were at their house. Unfortunately he died a week or so ago :'( When I grow up and move out, I'm going to adopt cats & dogs & rabbits from animal shelters.

3. FishFan Member Member

HUGS to you and sorry for your loss. I know it was a neighbor cat, but you still cared for it.

4. swimfan Member Member

I'm a cat person too...... we've got a 13-year-old calico named Lasha, my year-and-a-half-old son just loves to chase after her and sit on her (I'm sure he's just trying to cuddle). She loves having him for a playmate, since just 2.5 years ago, our 14-year-old black male cat named Tobin died of kidney failure. The two of them were very best of buds. We miss him a lot. Sorry you lost your neighbour kitty 0morrokh, its not easy to lose a pet.........

Cats are great! Someday when we move into a bigger place, I'm going to get a couple more, and a couple of dogs too. I had lots of pets growing up, so I can deny my son nothing in terms of that. I think I'll draw the line at snakes or lizards however. :) I'll upload some pics of my two kitties later today.

5. onelovie Member Member

Re: hecko and Welcome All!

I have two cats...a gray tabby cat named Kitty (clever, I know) and a mostly white cat with a bit of gray tabby on her named Pinky. And I suppose I could also include James, the big white stray cat who shows up at my door every night at 9pm for his dinner! If I thought I could get by with letting him inside, I probably would! But I think I'd have one mad brother and two mad cats!

6. FishFan Member Member

Re: he-LLo and Welcome All!

Heeey, we have a James!!! He's an overweight (Yeah, which cat isn't?) Siamese mix-I'll post a pic of him soon!

7. swimfan Member Member

Re: hecko and Welcome All!

Kitty is a great name! My parents found a stray black kitten (eyes still closed) at a drive-in movie when they were first married, and I came along a few years after that. Kitty and I grew up together and he lived to be almost 18.

8. fletch Member Member

wow, drive in movies and wow, 18?!!

9. LilaBean Member Member

i have a tabby named tabba toes-- because she's double pawed!!!! love her-- adopted from a group home last year---she's an oldie but goodie and probably been run over by a few wheelchairs in her day-- but now she is retired with me, my boyfiend and her favorite friends in our tank!!!!! LILA

10. Shine Well Known Member Member

Heya all.

I found fishlore while looking for info on my newest family members, but I've owned cats for almost 30 years now. I can't remember a time when my family didn't have them :)

My current pair are Pika and Wren who are coming 2 this year; but my first cat Sneezy made it to 18 before leaving us. I couldn't imagine not having fuzzy kids in the house. It would be pretty lonely without them :;hug2