Hello and Welcome All!

1. FishFan Member Member

Hello and Welcome! I have kids, a husband and I know a lot about a variety of things. I enjoy photography, the outdoors, my wide screen TV (my fish tank), animals and Reality TV :p , and much more. Let's chat about anything! I'm game!
    Enjoy your visit & visit often!

2. Craig Well Known Member Member

well im 17 from northern ireland in the uk i also love animals i hav had hamsters gerbils cats in the past now i hav tropical fish other hobies include golf rugby football and music anythin is good 4 me lol

3. FishFan Member Member

Nice to 'meet' you, Craig! I've had cats, dogs, gerbils, Guinea Pigs, pigeons, fish (duh!), rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, mice, birds (Cockatiels & Parakeets), a snake and I still feel like I'm forgetting something!!! And no, I didn't grow up on a farm.

4. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

hehe FishFan, you sound kinda like me...once I get my fish, I'll have had 31 pets, I live in the suburbs and I'm not even in high school yet! ;) If anyone desperately needs a certain pet but their parents would rather just let you die, just ask me for help because I've become an expert at convincing parents that life is not complete without just one more pet ;D ;D I like being totally random so I'll say that it is against my principlles to call any animal (yes, this includes insects) 'it' or to wear any clothes that are in style. :p Yeah I hope too many people didn't just quit this forum. By the way my favorite sports are horseback riding and track. My favorite color is blue. Okay I think I'll be done now............

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Hey FishFan ... you really have a little ZOO over there, don't you? Where are you from? How do you find the time to take care of all of them? You must really love animals. So do I! As for me, I have fish, 2 cats, and I really would love to get a dog (siberian husky, golden retriever, or a german shepherd). But for a dog like this I need to wait until I get my own house ... Besides I live in the middle of New York City .... which is a very very loud, busy, and crowded city, absolutely not suitable for dogs like siberian huskies or german shepherds. They need a lot of space and activity. So I'll get my dog once I move out futher away from this noisy city! And I can't wait!

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

Wow the middle of New York cool! Right in the heart of one of the biggest cities in the world whats that like. I live in Adelaide, Australia in the Metropolitan area so you know it be fairly quiet in comparison.

I have been to London which was pretty big and noisy....(thought I'd mention that :-\)

Ow yeah I got a baby chicken the other day. She moved in with my rabbit. Hehehe she so funny. Doesnt shut up mind you just keeps chirping and eating while chirping. :)

7. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

AHHHHH I'm SOOOO jealous!!Baby chickens are so sweet. I grew up in Africa and had tortioses, chickens ,dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, rats, fish, budgies, love birds...umm oh and a brother heehee
    When we moved to Singapore and had fish (always had fish lol), a lobster and a terapin who kept escaping and now I live in England with just my doggy and my fish. I had budgies and rats until recently when they all died of old age within a year but my parents are moving to Canada and when they go I'll have to rent and they dont allow pets except fish and occassionally cats :'(
    Chickens tho.. ahh they're so lovely. And ducklings make amazing pets too ;D

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

Wow you grew up in Africa what country. Ive always wanted t go on safari on the savanna and go to the Okavango Delta.

The baby chicken loves me as I was like the first to keep holding it and feeding it. It always greets me and flies up onto my shoulder. It starts to chirp really loudly and run along the divider trying to get to me. And now has figured out how to fly over to the rabbit's side. She really funny. :D

9. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Awww that is SOOO cute ;D They do chirp - one of mine was called Mrs Cluck Cluck (but pronounced Clook cloock heehee) and we had Rastas the rastafarian rooster too - he was a bit scary though! He used to attack our rottwelier - bravest chicken I ever knew. ::)

I grew up in Durban in south Africa but travelled all over the eastern and northern part of south africa. I would love to go to Okavango - my dad used to live there teaching english.It's such an amazing country - obviously got some political problems but they really look after their tourists and as long as you're sensible I would advise anyone to go. I'd also love to go to Malawi and check out the cicilids in their natural habitat.. that would be cool :)

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

yes it would be cool to gp to malawi and some of the other lakes to see cichlids in their natural habitat. The lakes are being polluted at such a fast rate I understand that pretty soon their won't be much to see.
    Carol

11. Jason Well Known Member Member

Rooster attacking a rottwelier, was he crazy!

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Mary when are we gonna have a baby????? (whine) ;D
    Carol

13. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Hey Omorrokh I need help convncing my parents to let me get another pet!  I would have had trouble with the fish tank thing but I offered to pay for the tank and all the accessories (cha ching) and my mom thinks tanks are pretty (which they are).  They would like to have one to look at, but they don't want anything to do w/ maintenance.  I'm glad they don't though cuz nobody in my family knows a %@#$% thing about fish.   :-\

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Well at least that way you'll know whose hands have been in teh tank ;)
    Carol

15. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yeah really.
    EWWWWW!!!! FISH TANK WATER!!!!!!GROSS!!!!!
    heh heh ::)

16. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

hahahahahahaaha

car :D l

17. Jason Well Known Member Member

J-Man, I'm 15 form Australia and I just got a job at a pet/aquarium store so I see new fish every saturday.
    Almost forgot love soccer (football)

18. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats cool let us know how the job goes. It would never do for me to work in a pet store, I would never have any money :D

19. rob2uk Member Member

Don't joke...

If you're not careful, you'll end up catching the same thing I did from my friend's take - gastro enteritis

There's nothing quite like that sinking feeling when the bottom falls out of your world (or vice versa) :D

20. Craig Well Known Member Member

i'd love 2 work in a pet store i've always tried but i havent been accepted yet

C W