Hello! And Good Day to Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by MattinCO, Mar 31, 2006.

1. MattinCONew MemberMember

Just wanted to say hi. And i like using this site because i barely know anything about fish in general and my roommate knows only about saltwater fish.. Plus i heard that the best way to start is to start with a freshwater tank..is that true?? ??? Like i said before, love this site and just dropping a Hello to All!

Thanks a bunch!! 8)

2. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore.com. We are pleased to meet you! I am so glad to hear you have been enjoying our site. It is a great place to find out about fish.

Yes, I do think the very best way to start is with a freshwater Tropical Fish tank. This differs from a cool water tank and has a lot more fish to chose from. I am sure if you have questions or problems getting started we will all be glad to help you. Again,
    welcome and I do hope you enjoy being with us. It has always been a pleasure for me to visit this site and I hope you have the same experience.

Rose
    :)

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! To get you started, click on the "FishLore Articles for Beginners" link in the beginners forum. That will help you understand what cycling is all about, and give you a heads up on what this hobby entails.

Freshwater tanks and saltwater tanks both pretty much start out the same, they just have different ways of doing things, but have the same general principals. Saltwater tanks also need to be cycled. Freshwater is good to start with because it is much less expensive to start with in equipment and fish. Plus you don't have the added worries about salinity. Nitrates are also more carefully watched in a saltwater tank. Freshwater is just less worry, and it's probably easier to solve a problem than a saltwater tank would be. Usually a water change in a freshwater tank can solve a lot of problems.

I hope you learn a lot while you are here, and please visit us often with all your questions! ;)

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

'lo...welcome to fishlore!!!! 8) 8)

5. DinoFishlore VIPMember

Welcome!!!!

dino

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Yo! 8)

7. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!
    Carol

8. Labeo55New MemberMember

Welcome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice