Hello All.

Night001

I kept tanks until my mid 20s about 30 years ago. Now that I've been forced to retire due to Parkinson's Disease and need something to keep me occupied. I've always wanted a themed tank and with my background as a Planetarium Director/Producer and 5th-8th grade Science and Art teacher, plus my love of Science Fiction. I'm planning a 75-gallon Avatar/Pandora Aquascape with an air driven underwater water(sand)fall, the Tree of Souls, Floating Mountains, glowing underwater"river" & "landscape," and Home Tree. I'll be starting witha Marineland LED Day and Blue Aquarium Light, 100 lbs Black Diamond Medium Grit Sand Substrate, Cascade 1200 315gph Canister Filter, Fluval E Electronic Heater 300W, I will be using the following mosses: Home Tree... Christmas Moss canopy. Floating Mountains of Pandora...weeping moss hanging on the sides and bottoms. Mountains for waterfall and surrounding the Tree of Souls, as well as smaller mountains between the river and waterfall...weeping moss hanging on the sides and tops. River valley & Home Tree plateau...Fissidens nobilis Moss mixed with Flame Moss carpeted around artificial "plants." I need some unusual, about 2 inch, variety of fish to go with the theme and scale. Here is what I have come up with. There will be only 6 gertrudae, and 6 Psuedomugil illuminati. But Agadvisor didn't list illuminati, so I doubled the gertrudea. I'm open to suggestions.
AquStockImage.blueeyes.png

Amyzes

That sounds awesome!
I adore gertrudae- I'd personally do all gertrudae because that many would be spectacular!
Update with pictures
Moss likes to be on the cooler side of tropical temps, especially fissidens. Double check is 76 a good temp for everything?
For your heater, I would recommend an in line heater since you have a canister- it is more effective because all the water flows through it and it gets the heater out of your tank.

Night001

76 is a little cool for the mosses, but I've had several people tell me it only slows the growth a little. I was also looking at the Hydor ETH in-line heater, but I'm leery of out-of-sight-out-of-mind leaks or malfunctions. As for pictures, I will. I just posted the custom background picture I made in the DIY thread, but here it is...

Attachments

• Avatar05 Aquarium Background3B copy.jpg
    Avatar05 Aquarium Background3B copy.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 64

JoeCamaro

Welcome to FishLore!
Keep us updated through your progress.
Awesome background.

Night001

Thank you. The background will cost only $27 to have printed on static cling. More details on the DIY thread.

Night001

76 is a little cool for the mosses, but I've had several people tell me it only slows the growth a little. I was also looking at the Hydor ETH in-line heater, but I'm leery of out-of-sight-out-of-mind leaks or malfunctions. As for pictures, I will. I just posted the custom background picture I made in the DIY thread, but here it is...
Sorry, that should have read ... 76 is a little warm for mosses.

Amyzes

Right- but can your fish go colder than 76?

Night001

75.2-77

Anders247

Welcome to fishlore!

Railway City tanks

Welcome

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom